Software for the TM700A ???

Mr Frank Sheputa

Could the group recommend any links for software for the TM700A?

I was specifically looking for programming software to set up the database of local repeaters and

for firmware upgrades.

I did some online reading an saw that Kenwood did have free software for both, but I can not find

any links that have valid downloads.

Thank you,

Frank "73's"

Frank,

The memory program is still on the Kenwood Amateur Radio support site.  Here's a direct link to the program.

http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/tmd700a_700e_soft.html

I don't think there are any more firmware updates for the radio.  It's been out of production for a while now.

73, Ron NY3J

On 11/18/2017 9:46 AM, w1ljm@... [TMD700A] wrote:

Could the group recommend any links for software for the TM700A?

I was specifically looking for programming software to set up the database of local repeaters and

for firmware upgrades.

I did some online reading an saw that Kenwood did have free software for both, but I can not find

any links that have valid downloads.

Thank you,

Frank "73's"

rickzero64@...

The K9DCI D700 CAT Sheet Ver 2-I from the files section works great for programming.

73
Rick VK6RK

Jess Haas

You can also use chirp for programming. It is also free.

-Jess
K5LLI

On Nov 18, 2017 7:52 AM, "Ron Wenig rwenig@... [TMD700A]" <TMD700A@...> wrote:

Frank,

The memory program is still on the Kenwood Amateur Radio support site.  Here's a direct link to the program.

http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/tmd700a_700e_soft.html

I don't think there are any more firmware updates for the radio.  It's been out of production for a while now.

73, Ron NY3J

On 11/18/2017 9:46 AM, w1ljm@... [TMD700A] wrote:

Could the group recommend any links for software for the TM700A?

I was specifically looking for programming software to set up the database of local repeaters and

for firmware upgrades.

I did some online reading an saw that Kenwood did have free software for both, but I can not find

any links that have valid downloads.

Thank you,

Frank "73's"

Steven KA9MOT <ka9mot@...>

An interesting thing about CHIRP is it programs the radio real time. Something I initially found unsettling but I came to like.
If I remember correctly, I quit using CHIRP because it wouldn't allow programming of any of the radio's menus.

The Kenwood Software works fine.

Steve KA9MOT

On Nov 18, 2017 9:09 AM, "Jess Haas km6gvw@... [TMD700A]" <TMD700A@...> wrote:

[...]

LeonardKeepers

i like chirp also,but it will not let me enter and save pl tones on my 700a and the ken-wood programming software will not t run on windows 7 through 10.anyone have any ideas on how to make it run on windows 7 and 10.

thank you

Leonard

Steven KA9MOT <ka9mot@...>

Mine runs on Windows7 just fine. Haven't tried it on Windows10.
Comparability mode?
The software for my TH-D7A works just fine on Windows10, and that is basically the same thing.

Steve KA9MOT

On Nov 18, 2017 9:55 AM, "LeonardKeepers Leonard.Keepers@... [TMD700A]" <TMD700A@...> wrote:

i like chirp also,but it will not let me enter and save pl tones on my
700a and the ken-wood programming software will not t run on windows 7
through 10.anyone have any ideas on how to make it run on windows 7 and 10.

thank you

Leonard

LeonardKeepers

thank you for the help. i will have to try it again.has anyone tried using a usb to db 9 adapter with this software

Leonard

ESvalland <n2jhj@...>

Works fine. Have used it on a Win7x86 netbook, and a Win10 laptop with Win7 compatibility mode checked if memory serves me right.

v/r,

 Eric

de N2JHJ

On 11/18/2017 15:07, LeonardKeepers Leonard.Keepers@... [TMD700A] wrote:

thank you for the help. i will have to try it again.has anyone tried
using a usb to db 9 adapter with this software

Leonard

Rick Coles <rick.coles@...>

I am running both the Chirp and the native Kenwood software MCP-4A and MCP-6A on a number of Windows 7, 10 and Server 2012 boxes without issue.

Rick

Rick Coles

VA7RKC

Cowichan Valley Amateur Radio