Topics

setting up memory groups

mkrochta@...

Does anyone have a tutorial or video on setting up memory groups with the TM D710a. When I'm out of town I would like to have my group for where I am so all I scan is that group.

Thanks

73

Mike

VE7MKD

Dennis Griffin <eagleeyedennis@...>

Kenwood has a different approach to memory groups - they are determined while saving memories, not after the fact. So, any frequencies you save to memory channel numbers 0 through 99 will automatically be in Group 0, those saved to memory channels 100-199 will be in Group 1 and so on. See page Scan 2 of the CD owner’s manual.

73 de Dennis KD7CAC
Scottsdale, AZ

On May 16, 2015, at 8:44 AM, mkrochta@... [TMD700A] <TMD700A@...> wrote:

Does anyone have a tutorial or video on setting up memory groups with the TM D710a. When I'm out of town I would like to have my group for where I am so all I scan is that group.

Thanks

73

Mike

VE7MKD

Posted by: mkrochta@...

Michael Krochter

I read that...still not really understanding it..also want to setup the same thing with TH72a ht.

Mike

VE7MKD

On Saturday, May 16, 2015 11:47 AM, "Dennis Griffin eagleeyedennis@... [TMD700A]" wrote:

[...]

The TM-D710A & TH-D72A are identical in this regard.

73 de Dennis KD7CAC
Scottsdale, AZ

On Saturday, May 16, 2015 11:47 AM, "Dennis Griffin eagleeyedennis@... [TMD700A]" <TMD700A@...> wrote:

Kenwood has a different approach to memory groups - they are determined while saving memories, not after the fact. So, any frequencies you save to memory channel numbers 0 through 99 will automatically be in Group 0, those saved to memory channels 100-199 will be in Group 1 and so on. See page Scan 2 of the CD owner’s manual.

73 de Dennis KD7CAC
Scottsdale, AZ

On May 16, 2015, at 8:44 AM, mkrochta@... [TMD700A] <TMD700A@...> wrote:

Does anyone have a tutorial or video on setting up memory groups with the TM D710a. When I'm out of town I would like to have my group for where I am so all I scan is that group.
Thanks
73
Mike
VE7MKD

Posted by: mkrochta@...

noskosteve

Mike,

   The group that a frequency is in is determined by the Memory Number you store it in , when you store the frequency.

Example.

Around home, let's say you store those frequencies in Memories 00-99.  These are now in Group "0".  Around Home, you do Group Scan on Group "0" by selecting one of those Memories ( 0-99) and Start Scan.

When you travel to area "A", lets say that you store those frequencies in Memory Numbers 500-599.  These are now in Group "5"

I picked those so if you have more than 100 frequencies in your home area.  In that case, you can put more Home Area frequencies in group 1 in Memories 100-199.  Then, you can LINK Groups "0" and "1" and all 200 "home" area frequencies are scanned together (0-199).

Hope this helps.

73, Steve, K9DCI

noskosteve

So there's no mistake, My last info for Memory Groups was for trhe D710.

In essence, the first of the three Memory numbers *IS* the Group number.

--

73, Steve, K9DCI