Setting SSID in APRS on a TM-D710G, -9 not sticking

rick.coles@...

Hi all, fairly new to VHF, etc, but fairly competent with technology. Try as i might, I cannot get my SSID of -9 to stick when programming my SSID.

I have tried VA7RKC-9,as well VA7RKC9 to no avail. the -9 stays when i hit enter but will not stay programmed once I hit the escape key.

It can't be that hard, what stupid mistake am I making?

Any ideas oh great ones of this group?

73

Rick

w7txr@...

Try using the “back” key instead of the escape key. Then you can escape the menu settings. Sorry if I’m wrong on this, I’m going by memory only, don’t have a radio in front of me at the moment.
Gary – W7TXR

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi all, fairly new to VHF, etc, but fairly competent with technology. Try as i might, I cannot get my SSID of -9 to stick when programming my SSID.

I have tried VA7RKC-9,as well VA7RKC9 to no avail. the -9 stays when i hit enter but will not stay programmed once I hit the escape key.

It can't be that hard, what stupid mistake am I making?
Any ideas oh great ones of this group?

73
Rick

Rick Coles <rick.coles@...>

Thanks, Tried bot of those. It turned out to be the Tuning Control knob. Duh.

Rick

Try using the “back” key instead of the escape key. Then you can escape the menu settings. Sorry if I’m wrong on this, I’m going by memory only, don’t have a radio in front of me at the moment.
Gary – W7TXR

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi all, fairly new to VHF, etc, but fairly competent with technology. Try as i might, I cannot get my SSID of -9 to stick when programming my SSID.

I have tried VA7RKC-9,as well VA7RKC9 to no avail. the -9 stays when i hit enter but will not stay programmed once I hit the escape key.

It can't be that hard, what stupid mistake am I making?
Any ideas oh great ones of this group?

73
Rick

w7txr@...

Hah hah, done it myself, then kicked myself afterwards. Glad you got it going.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Thanks, Tried bot of those. It turned out to be the Tuning Control knob. Duh.

Rick

Try using the “back” key instead of the escape key. Then you can escape the menu settings. Sorry if I’m wrong on this, I’m going by memory only, don’t have a radio in front of me at the moment.
Gary – W7TXR

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi all, fairly new to VHF, etc, but fairly competent with technology. Try as i might, I cannot get my SSID of -9 to stick when programming my SSID.

I have tried VA7RKC-9,as well VA7RKC9 to no avail. the -9 stays when i hit enter but will not stay programmed once I hit the escape key.

It can't be that hard, what stupid mistake am I making?
Any ideas oh great ones of this group?

73
Rick

Charles Jessee

I'm stuck at the same point.

I've entered my callsign in APRS but cannot figure out what to press to get it to save. rather than exit w/o saving. My blinking cursor is on the space after N4SRN-0. Pressing the Tune Control knob in just makes a hi-beep.

John Dinneen

When you complete the NN4SRN-0 entry into the Option 600 My Call Sign field, you must press the Tuning Control Knob (large knob on lower left of head unit)

To place the completed call sign into memory.

Hope this helps

73

John F Dinneen KCØL

kc0l@...