service doc TMD710GE/A / switch to ext.GPS ?

Hans , PA3HGT

Hello all,

I looking for a servicedoc for a Kenwood TMD710GE/A , i looked at mods.dk but only the servicedoc for the TMD710E/A is there , not the G version.
Can someone help me with that ?

I have some sensitivityisseus with the buildin GPS and want to search for the partnumber.
Can anyone help me how to select the ext. GPS port ?
I looked into the menu but i can't find the setting ;-(

Thanks in advance !

Hans

Lee Besing

Is this the right manual?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/746778/Kenwood-Tm-D710a.html

Not sure it covers the 710AG model however.

Lee Besing, N5NTG
210-771-7075
San Antonio TX

I have some sensitivityisseus with the buildin GPS and want to search for the partnumber.
Can anyone help me how to select the ext. GPS port ?
I looked into the menu but i can't find the setting ;-(

Thanks in advance !

Hans

Rick Robinson <w8zt@...>

Maybe a message to Kenwood Service department and ask the parts guy and maybe they will check both models and see if they are the same or tell you what makes the difference . If it is just slightly different such as the software then you would probably be good to go with the manual from ModsDK. Just ask away, might get lucky. Good luck fixing your rig. Please let us know what happens for others,myself included, to know .

--
Rick, W8ZT
WVDXA

David Erickson

Hi,

You can select the external GPS port under the APRS menu #602

That is the only place I see it.

Dave Erickson - k0dom

On 3/12/2020 6:12 PM, Lee Besing wrote:
Is this the right manual?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/746778/Kenwood-Tm-D710a.html

Not sure it covers the 710AG model however.

Lee Besing, N5NTG
210-771-7075
San Antonio TX

I have some sensitivityisseus with the buildin GPS and want to search for the partnumber.
Can anyone help me how to select the ext. GPS port ?
I looked into the menu but i can't find the setting ;-(

Thanks in advance !

Hans

Hans , PA3HGT

Hi Lee/Rick,

The manual on mods.dk is not covering my qeustion due the 710a has no intern GPS so you don't have too choose.
The 710GE has a intern GPS and a port so you can choose but how.... i searched the manual but i can't find it.

Thanks for reply !

Hans

Hans , PA3HGT

Thx Dave ! I shall look for it ! Thanks !