Sent: Friday, September 26, 2014 7:31 AM
Subject: [TMD700A] Memories for a 710

I'm sorting out a memory file for my D710 and I've got an odd thing.

So. I've exported to a HMK from the data from the radio software and
editing it as a CSV, as per online instructions.

However, for dealing with repeaters do I need to specify the TX freq?

The previous user has got the RX and TX on the repeater set to the same
freq even though it's a - 0.6mhz

Here's a line from the software.

!!Ch,Rx Freq.,Rx Step,Offset,T/CT/DCS,TO Freq.,CT Freq.,DCS
Code,Shift/Split,Rev.,L.Out,Mode,Tx Freq.,Tx Step,M.Name

100,145.725,12.5,0.6,CT,88.5,118.8,23,-,Off,Off,FM,145.725,12.5,GB3CG

However, I would have thought the TX should have been 145.125 when it is
on the 2m band and has 0.6mhz taken off?

TIA ;)

Elwyn

Jim K5JG <k5jg@...>

To be able to program that frequency into the D700 it would need to be able to do 2.5 kHz steps. Unfortunately, the smallest step size in the D700 is 5 kHz. See "Changing Frequency Step Size" in the instruction manual.

You might try setting the frequency to 158.1900 or 159.2150, change the step to 12.5 kHz, and turn the main knob to see if you can go to your desired freq. However, based on the Note at the bottom of the page in the manual, I don't think it will.

73, Jim K5JG

I am trying to program 159.2025, but it will not let me. Any advice?
I'm sorting out a memory file for my D710 and I've got an odd thing.
So. I've exported to a HMK from the data from the radio software and
editing it as a CSV, as per online instructions.
However, for dealing with repeaters do I need to specify the TX freq?
The previous user has got the RX and TX on the repeater set to the same
freq even though it's a - 0.6mhz
Here's a line from the software.
!!Ch,Rx Freq.,Rx Step,Offset,T/CT/DCS,TO Freq.,CT Freq.,DCS
Code,Shift/Split,Rev.,L.Out,Mode,Tx Freq.,Tx Step,M.Name
100,145.725,12.5,0.6,CT,88.5,118.8,23,-,Off,Off,FM,145.725,12.5,GB3CG
However, I would have thought the TX should have been 145.125 when
it is
on the 2m band and has 0.6mhz taken off?
TIA ;)
Elwyn

agcme2002

Sometimes you can trick it.  159.2025 may fall into one of the frequencies that work with the 6.25 kHz step size.  Switch to that step size and then try programming again.

noskosteve

Rich,

  Divide the frequency by each of the step sizes to see if that step will get there.  If there is no remainder/fraction, then it will go there using that step.  If there is a fraction, miltiply the fraction only (the decimal part) by the step size to get the frequency error.

This one divides out to 25472.4.  This means you can program the frequency with 6.25 kc steps and get to 159.2 (25472 * 6.25) and you'd be 2.5 Kc off (0.4 * 6.25) at best.

Rasid frequencies are multiples of the step.

  Not great, but not completely bad either.  It will receive...just off freq that much/. bummer

As a side note:

  On some Kenwood radios (TH-F6A) you can't program some frequencies from the keypad even though they can go there. I found this when writing software to program the F6 via computer.  You can program a near-by frequency with the keypad, then step one at a time to get the frequency - BUT only as long as the step size divides evenly.

73, Steve, K9DCI