Topics

RS232 locked up

Tom Crowley

Hello
Had the P.S. go bad and send a lot of AC ripple into my D700 I use for a base and an Igate.
Radio checks out ok on TX and RX but can not talk to it with a PC.
I have tried Kenwoods programming software to check the channel info and the Igate software can not talk to the radio.
I have tried different PC's and cables.
The only thing I have not tried is Reset, If that does not open the RS232 port I won't be able to reprogram with a PC all by hand.
Has anyone seen this and how was it fix
Thanks
KC0VII

hardlyevrhom

You might want to try a different software like Chirp, http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

or Link700, http://www.wa3hrl.com/link700/index.html

One common problem with connecting and some software programs is the limited Com ports the program will let you choose, and the actual Com port the computer assigns when you connect. Be sure they match.

--- In TMD700A@..., "Tom" <tecrowley@...> wrote:

Hello
Had the P.S. go bad and send a lot of AC ripple into my D700 I use for a base and an Igate.
Radio checks out ok on TX and RX but can not talk to it with a PC.
I have tried Kenwoods programming software to check the channel info and the Igate software can not talk to the radio.
I have tried different PC's and cables.
The only thing I have not tried is Reset, If that does not open the RS232 port I won't be able to reprogram with a PC all by hand.
Has anyone seen this and how was it fix
Thanks
KC0VII

Tom Crowley

Well
The D700 and the PC where running for a few years with little to no problem till the Power Supply decided to send out a lot of ripple.
I think its the RS232 driver chip is blown up or just con-fussed and needs a reset. Hoping someone else has seen this and a hard reset would clear the problem up and I could reprogram from the pc
Thanks