Topics

Reverse not working on VFO B

Hans , PA3HGT

Hello all,

I have a odd problem with my TMD710GE with the latest firmware.
When i am on memorychannels on both vfo's,only VFO B is not going in reverse when the channel is programmed in repeater.
VFO A is not a problem but VFO B the reverse function is not working. I did the full reset and reprogrammed it.
The reverse is not working with the knob "rev" on the display and on the original mike where i programmed the PF key for reverse.
When i press one of the buttons for the function when i am on VFO B , the conformationbeep sounds as not programmed/not possible.
On VFO A the conformationbeep sounds good and the reverse works.

Anyone has a cleu about this ?
Thanks in advance !

Hans,PA3HGT

Mark Wolff

Hans, apologizing in advance if you have tried this already, but have you reset the radio lately?

My 710 (installed mobile) acts up maybe once or twice a year.  Last time it refused to go into Cross Band mode and required a reset and stuffing the programmed repeaters back in it to completely restore functionality.  These rigs are pretty much computers these days and once in a while need to be rebooted apparently.

73

MW / N4MEW._,_._,_

Hans , PA3HGT

HI Mark,

Yes i did the full reset. I have this since my last display firmware upgrade 1.03 . I have looked into the menu etc. but i can't find it.

Hans

Mark Wolff

Sorry then Hans, out of my range as every misdeed on mine has been solved by a reset, at least thus far.

I fear it may be time to contact Kenwood Tech Support and inquire there.  Perhaps there is a known issue with the firmware update or somesuch.

Best of luck with it.

MW / N4MEW

Mike Heskett WB5QLD

I remember hearing about some programming software (not Kenwood’s) messing up the offset. Please check what the offset is and which direction to see if it could be out of band. This may not be your problem, but I seem to remember hearing something like this – but I have slept since then. Since you are talking about a 710, you might get more answers in the 710 group. Kenwood-radios | TM-D710-and-TM-V71

HNY

Michael Heskett

WB5QLD