Recommended Kenwood Service Center/Repair Shop for TM-D700A

Larry J. Ford K4AEC

I think I need to send my Kenwood TM-D700A in for service, as I'm getting lower than rated output on both VHF (max of 35-40 watts) and UHF (max 10 watts) on the "High" power output setting.

I suspect, given the age of the unit (bought new about 15-16 years ago) the PA output transistors may be getting a bit "soft" or there's another issue.

All my HF gear is ICOM, and I definitely know what shop to send my ICOM gear to, but I haven't a clue as to the "Good, Bad, and the Ugly" when it comes to Kenwood shops.

Any recommendations for repairs on the Kenwood TM-D700A?  (Or, conversely, shops to avoid, in which case feel free to contact me off-line at K4AEC@...).

Thanks in advance.

Larry J. Ford
K4AEC

Steve Agee <n5zua@...>

<http://www.avvid.com/>

He's done me right many times in the past, although I've not used him recently. Suggest you call him first with your issue.

N5ZUA

Rick Cooper

Larry,

I have used Kenwood's authorized service center in Virginia Beach, VA with good results. A couple of times. They have a few service centers but i have experience with only this one location.

Good luck.

Rick
KR3LC