Topics

Readability of the 700

John

Hi Everyone,

I have a D700 that is readable in the house but in the car in sunlight is almost impossible to read. I've checked the menus and set things for max brightness and contrast. Does anyone else have this problem or do I have a problem with the control head
Thanks,

John

Steven KA9MOT <ka9mot@...>

This is why I always mount the face plates for all of my radios up high. That way the roof blocks the sunlight and it's glare.

Steve KA9MOT

On Jan 15, 2015 3:11 PM, "John k4ag@... [TMD700A]" <TMD700A@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have a D700 that is readable in the house but in the car in sunlight
is almost impossible to read. I've checked the menus and set things for
max brightness and contrast. Does anyone else have this problem or do I
have a problem with the control head
Thanks,

John

R. Patrick Ryan

Hi John K4AG

Hopefully all you have to do is take off your polarized glasses/sun glasses and check again, lol.
This just happened to me when I had added polarized clip-on sun glasses to my regular glasses and could not read the TM-D700 display!

73 de Pat KC6VVT

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 3:11 PM, John k4ag@... [TMD700A] <TMD700A@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have a D700 that is readable in the house but in the car in sunlight
is almost impossible to read. I've checked the menus and set things for
max brightness and contrast. Does anyone else have this problem or do I
have a problem with the control head
Thanks,

John

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    TMD700A-digest@...
    TMD700A-fullfeatured@...

R. Patrick Ryan
ARS: KC6VVT Grid: EN51lf
email: kc6vvt@...
Facebook for ham related:  http://www.facebook.com/KC6VVT/info

Dennis Griffin <eagleeyedennis@...>

I used one on a motorcycle for public service event support for years, here in the Phoenix area, and had no problems seeing it at a glance. I don’t wear polarized lens glasses.

73 de Dennis KD7CAC
Scottsdale, AZ

On Jan 16, 2015, at 5:56 AM, Patrick Ryan KC6VVT kc6vvt@... [TMD700A] <TMD700A@...> wrote:

Hi John K4AG

Hopefully all you have to do is take off your polarized glasses/sun glasses and check again, lol.
This just happened to me when I had added polarized clip-on sun glasses to my regular glasses and could not read the TM-D700 display!

73 de Pat KC6VVT

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 3:11 PM, John k4ag@... [TMD700A] <TMD700A@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have a D700 that is readable in the house but in the car in sunlight
is almost impossible to read. I've checked the menus and set things for
max brightness and contrast. Does anyone else have this problem or do I
have a problem with the control head
Thanks,

John

John

Hi Pat,

I don't wear polarizing lenses, wish that was my problem

John