From: Pointman <shield1751@...>
To: "TMD700A@..." <TMD700A@...>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 11:36 AM
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] gps unit for APRS

What kind of money are we talking? Because the unit we talked about was $400.00!!!

________________________________
From: shield1751@...
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 20:08:03 -0700

      Thanks, I will take a look....

Paul

KM3W

________________________________

From: shield1751@...

Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 20:51:34 -0400

      That's the one that comes with the Kenwood cable right?
On Jun 23, 2012, at 17:56, Burt Sammis <kango03@...> wrote:

De, I use two AvMap GeoSat 5s.  One with a D700 in my Honda truck and one with a D710 in my Honda Pilot.
Very pleased with the operation of both.  Considered buying a G6 but decided I did not need to spend the money.
Burt
AF5AA
To: TMD700A@...
From: shield1751@...
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 16:14:39 -0400
      Hey guys,
Finally got the bug for APRS. Have had the TMD-700A for 10 years.... And never ever considered APRS... Until now. Was down at HRO today, and the only GPS unit they had was a Garmin GPS-18X. What unit are most hams using for this function? Suggestions are welcome.
De KM3W
Sent from my iPhone
On Jun 23, 2012, at 15:52, Patrick Ryan KC6VVT <@KC6VVT> wrote:
Don't do it, the RC-D710 is not designed to replace the TM-D700A control
head!
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Communications/Amateur_Radio/Mobiles/RC-D710
lists the TM-D700A as a supported model, but does not replace its control
head.
Only the R-2000 will fully control and replace the TM-D700A control head.
73 de Pat KC6VVT
On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Terry <@w6lmj> wrote:
I am considering upgrading the TM-D700A by purchasing the RC710. I wonder
how many do this, or should I simply buy the TM-710?
Terry - W6LMJ
R. Patrick Ryan
ARS: KC6VVT
@KC6VVT

Steve Sundquist

To all: Please, Please edit your posts some of us are on Digest mode and it
is rather obnoxious to have to scroll through the pages of noting or
replies. Thank you.

To Pointman:
In commercial Kenwoods when it shows Prog 115200 (or Prog and some other
serial baud rate) that means that the radio is in firmware mode and would
be ready to accept firmware. I haven't heard of anyone with the firmare for
the TMd700 radios. I would suspect that it needs to go back to Kenwood.

Steve N9FSE

Re: radio locked up
Posted by: "Pointman" shield1751@... shield1751
Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:01 am (PDT)

I just turned the radio on...and the screen says,,,,,prog 115200 bps. Cant
seem to get it off of this screen. Anyone have a similar problem, and what
did you do about it?

KM3W

James <kc9ktv@...>

The first thing I would try is doing a full reset and see if that fixes the
problem, be for warned that the full reset clears all memories.

But it would be cheaper to try this and fix it, than send it away and they
send it back saying they just did a full reset..

Have a great day.

James KC9KTV

paul dallard

Thanks James. I did a full reset and it still is locked up. It plopped on COR about 2 minutes and I reprogrammed the radio but on e I turned it off and. ck on, it locked back up. Any ideas ?

On Jun 27, 2012, at 11:31, "James" <kc9ktv@...> wrote:

The first thing I would try is doing a full reset and see if that fixes the
problem, be for warned that the full reset clears all memories.

But it would be cheaper to try this and fix it, than send it away and they
send it back saying they just did a full reset..

Have a great day.

James KC9KTV

paul dallard

Thanks Steve, I will do that.....