Topics

Putting call sign in APRS

merlin@...

I have two TM-D710G radios, one mobile and one in my shack. For APRS beaconing I want to designate one radio with my call sign as K3MEJ-0 and the other as K3MEJ-1. When I try to program the radio manually or with the MCP-6A software it won’t let me do it. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ron

The -0 is your base call so you can just enter your call.  The -1 should be okay.  You could also use -1 and -2.

73, Ron NY3J

On 11/7/18 8:53 PM, merlin@... wrote:

I have two TM-D710G radios, one mobile and one in my shack. For APRS beaconing I want to designate one radio with my call sign as K3MEJ-0 and the other as K3MEJ-1. When I try to program the radio manually or with the MCP-6A software it won’t let me do it. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

merlin@...

When I do it manually it goes back to just my call sign. When I do it with the software it gives me an error when adding a dash and number

merlin@...

Never mind. I got it!

Noel Seeley

What did you do? Please let us know so we can have a solution when we run into it again.

Thanks
Noel K5NES

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

merlin@...