programming with mcp700

LeonardKeepers

hello group i am trying to program my 700a with the mcp700 software.i am trying to use a db9 cable to a keyspan usb adapter.the key span driver is properly installed,the mcp700 software is properly installed,but when trying to download from the radio i get a communications error 0.checked the com poet.tried doing this on a windows 7 laptop and windows 10 desktop.get the same error message.checked to make sure all connections were properly connected.on the laptop when checking device manager it says the device is on com5,no com 5 appears in the port settings in mcp 700 on the windows 7 laptop. would anyone have any suggestions please. thank you
Leonard

Noel Seeley

The MCP does not support ports greater that #4. You will have to change your port to 4 or under in your device manager. When you do this, restart Windows and then select the port number in MCP that you chose before restart. Please reply to the group so that other users will have a complete picture of this from start to finish.

Thanks

Noel

K5NES

LeonardKeepers

hello group thank you for the reply Noel.on the windows 10 box in device manager i get the connection is com 4 will try to change it to something other than com 5 on the windows 7 laptop.i do wonder why i get a communications error 0 on the windows 10 box.is there a way to program the radio via computer if the db 9 connector is bad on the radio.i am visually impaired to program the radio manually.

Leonard