Topics

Power Output

Larry J. Ford

Group:

My TM-D700A is putting out only 25 watts (+-) on 2 meters and 15 watts (+-) on UHF.

It is set to "H"(igh) power setting.  If the rig has two power output transistors in the PA section, I suspect one (or both) has gone "soft."

Any ideas or referrals to a qualified, reputable repair shop for a bench check and possible repairs?

Although I have suspected the issue for some time, in getting ready for the "Golden Packet" event this Sunday, I had the rig in the shack to program it for the event,  and hooked it up to a good power supply and good watt meter, so I know it's not likely a supply issue, and the power output measurement is reasonably accurate.

Thanks.

Larry J. Ford
K4AEC

WH Reynolds <wh.reynolds@...>

The best Kenwood repair facility is AVVid in Maybank, TX.

I have known the fellow for 20 years.

whr

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Admiral W. H. (Bill) Reynolds
Texas  Navy  Association
Chester W. Nimitz Squadron
8821 Willowbrook Dr
Rowlett, TX  75088-4614

972-358-7566  iPhone4s
K8DNE

Larry J. Ford

Well, that's two votes for the same guy, so he must be good; too bad he's on
vacation until Aug.

Thanks.

Larry J. Ford
K4AEC