Topics

Peet Brothers and DM-700A

Roy <w3rlw@...>

I have both a 710A and a 700A. The 700A was resurrected when I finally located a radio to go with my control head. My wife allowed the radio part to get wet. Oh Well.... I am currently using a Peet Brothers Ultimeter 2000 with the 710 as a base configuration. I had heard that there is a way to do the the same thing with the 700A. That is to use the Peet Bros without a PC. In fact I thought Peet once sold a cable for the 700A. Does anyone know anything about this. I just need to send weather over the 700A like I do now with the 710A. I would like to use the 710 mobile and I have ordered a greenlight GPS.

Roy Wildermuth

harvey_hutchison

Larry and the group,

Just as a further extension of what Larry KC7QJO said, you can however,
send text APRS messages _/EASILY /_if you have the D700 keyboard
interface. If you go to the website that John Hansen W2FS has,
http://www.coastalchip.com/kenkey.htm
you can look at his descriptions and find the interface kit. If you are
not interested in soldering it together (you say you're a ham and you
don't want to solder? hihi), there is an assembled and tested unit
available for just a little more. There is no enclosure available now,
but a Radio Shack project box worked out fine for me. It should be
noted that a PS/2 keyboard is _/*REQUIRED*//**/_ for this interface as
USB keyboards with adapters will NOT work. You know you have at least
one lying around in your junk box, right? The connection for this
interface is the radio's mic connector, so that does not interfere in
any way with the G Trans cable connection. Sure does make it nice to
send a message or an email. Without the interface, you have to press
the "#" key on the hand microphone 18 times just to enter an asterisk
(*) into a message or email. I use mine regularly in the vehicle, and
have had great success.

This is in no way an advertisement or paid endorsement for any product
or company listed. Instead, just one ham's stating what "works for me".

Hutch, NKØS

(HL9HP, YS9HH, HP1XHH)

Royal Order of the Wouff Hong