Topics

Packet WL2K (Winlink 2000) now works with Kenwood TM-D700A built-in TNC

Walt

Packet WL2K (Winlink 2000) using B2F protocol is now working using the built-in TNC (Terminal Node Controller) of the Kenwood TM-D700A and the latest version of WINMOR software (RMS Express Version 1.0.3.6). Special thanks to Vic Poor, W5SMM, for making this work. Below is the packet portion of my RMS Express.ini file using COM3 and connecting to our VHF Radio Message Server (RMS) for WL2K: K2GE-10 on 145.05 MHz with 1200 baud packet:

[Packet TNC]
Packet TNC=Kenwood TM-D700 A-Band
Packet TNC Model=
Packet Serial Port=COM3
Air Data Rate=1200
TX Delay=300
Max Frame Size=128
Max Frames=2
Persistance=64
Slot Time=70
Max Retries=5
Serial Port Baud=9600

[Packet WL2K]
Remote Callsign=K2GE-10
Relay One=
Relay Two=

The system auto-magically connects to the K2GE-10 VHF RMS, transmits any messages posted in the OUTBOX, then reads any incoming messages into the INBOX, and disconnects. Although I've not tested this, I understand that the Kenwood TM-D710, TH-D7, and 2000 internal TNCs will also work.

Walt WA2NXK

Charles \ AI4RI\ Blackburn <ai4ri@...>

good to see... i've been using it for months here and it works great....

charlie
ai4ri

Walt

Hi Charlie,
It actually stopped working after the AUTOUPDATE release of 1.0.3.1 and is now working again with the latest release of 1.0.3.6.
Walt WA2NXK

--- In TMD700A@..., "Charles &#92;"AI4RI&#92;" Blackburn" <ai4ri@...> wrote:

good to see... i've been using it for months here and it works great....

charlie
ai4ri

kj6rwe <martyoh@...>

Which Software did you use with TM-D700A from below link?
http://www.winlink.org/SysopSoftware
I also have TM-D700A and would like to configure and use WL2K.

KJ6RWE

--- In TMD700A@..., "Walt" <wkapica@...> wrote:

[...]

Charles Blackburn <ai4ri@...>

it would have been rms express most likely

charlie