New Garmin GPSMAP 276Cx

Steven Peterson

Years ago I purchased a Garmin GPSMAP 276C, which is the GPS I'm still using with my TM-D700 today. Some of you may have also bought this same model. I also use it in the marine mode when we go on vacation and rent boats. The 276C was designed for mobile and marine use. Garmin discontinued it along with the 376C and 476C. I saw a message today on the 276C user group that Garmin was coming out with a new one.

The replacement version has similar design and features as the original with a price of $799.99. Just like my 276C it also has an interface that is NMEA 0183 compatible. Those of you looking for a decent quality GPS may want to check this one out. This one has an internal antenna, but has a connector for an external one. If my 276C was no longer functioning I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat.

73,

StevenĀ  KG6JEV