Topics

New D10GA questions

KD7YZ Bob

Mainly this is to be dedicated to APRS, Packet

As such, I seem to be decoding APRS off 144.390; a List is enlarging ... I also can get on the "B" band on 144.34/94 and make myself known.

I can use the RT Systems Programmer for memory.

I can touch BCON on the TM-710GA; see the bars indicate I am sending; see my Wattmeter verify that.

It is probable I have the default path wide-1 and wide2-1 set .. though there appears to be some duplicity when I find :settings:

Anyway, for now, I need to understand why I am decoding so far 34 stations in the APRs settiing but Findu never never reports my fixed position ... I'd disabled iGPS then added Mycall and my known GPS coordinates off my U-Blox GPS... EM88LL is the correct grid.
I xmit every few minutes now for a couple hours but never see it reported.

Next, I plugged in the two audio cables from Data ... to the Dell front panel Mic and Earphone ... all this did was usurp my system sounds. I run APRSIS32, AGW and UISS ... fwiw.

The rig is connected by a USB to serial as seen in the DevMan screenshot ... though ,,,, letting the Port-Setup program for a kenwood D710 "detect, she found com#20 which is what I plugged in for the RT memory program.

APRSIS32 :seems: to find my new TM-D710 cuz I see this in the log it makes :
2019-09-03T14:26:17.055 [TransmitAPRS] KD7YZ-1>APWW10,WIDE2-2:@142616h3829.68N/08301.09W-
2019-09-03T14:26:21.959 [Telemetry] KD7YZ-1>APWW10,WIDE2-2:T#160,100,048,095,128,000,10100000
2019-09-03T14:27:17.055 [TransmitAPRS] KD7YZ-1>APWW10,WIDE2-2:@142716h3829.68N/08301.10W-
so, please, anyone capable of handling the newbie tirade, please mail me off list and help me get going.
I intend to let one of the Alpha-Spid Az/El's track and decode the Digi_sats. Sadly I appear a long was from that ability.

Bob KD7YZ
TM-D710GA

Eric

I just got my 710 and it is still in the box, so I'm just mentioning what happened to me with another radio.....is the repeater offset turned off?

Eric

Lee Besing

My 710GA came with repeater offsets on automatic, but it's easy to verify thru the menu system.

I also bought the RT Systems software and USB programming cable. Makes it very easy  to program.  RandL.com is where I bought mine & they discount the software.

Now setting up the APRS is another trick.

Lee Besing
210-771-7075
San Antonio TX