Mobile Power

Ben

I'm looking at installing the D710 in my Jeep as my mobile setup. I know 12V is standard... It looks like it comes with a set up to connect directly to the battery. My concearn is that the volts on my jeep run high, especially in the cold winter. In winter month it pretty common that the voltage runs between 14.5-14.8V when the vehicle is running. in the summer it will usually be between 14-14.5V. Will this do any damage to the radio if it's connected directly to the battery?

Rob VE3RXH

Ben

Your supply will be within spec, the radio will take up to 15.8 volts, check the manual page 90:

Rob
VE3RXH