Topics

Memories for a 710

Elwyn <yahoo-groups@...>
 

I'm sorting out a memory file for my D710 and I've got an odd thing.

So. I've exported to a HMK from the data from the radio software and editing it as a CSV, as per online instructions.

However, for dealing with repeaters do I need to specify the TX freq?

The previous user has got the RX and TX on the repeater set to the same freq even though it's a - 0.6mhz

Here's a line from the software.

!!Ch,Rx Freq.,Rx Step,Offset,T/CT/DCS,TO Freq.,CT Freq.,DCS Code,Shift/Split,Rev.,L.Out,Mode,Tx Freq.,Tx Step,M.Name


100,145.725,12.5,0.6,CT,88.5,118.8,23,-,Off,Off,FM,145.725,12.5,GB3CG

However, I would have thought the TX should have been 145.125 when it is on the 2m band and has 0.6mhz taken off?

TIA ;)

Elwyn

Elwyn <yahoo-groups@...>
 

On 26/09/2014 12:31, Elwyn yahoo-groups@... [TMD700A] wrote:
I'm sorting out a memory file for my D710 and I've got an odd thing.

So. I've exported to a HMK from the data from the radio software and
editing it as a CSV, as per online instructions.

However, for dealing with repeaters do I need to specify the TX freq?

The previous user has got the RX and TX on the repeater set to the same
freq even though it's a - 0.6mhz

Here's a line from the software.

!!Ch,Rx Freq.,Rx Step,Offset,T/CT/DCS,TO Freq.,CT Freq.,DCS
Code,Shift/Split,Rev.,L.Out,Mode,Tx Freq.,Tx Step,M.Name

100,145.725,12.5,0.6,CT,88.5,118.8,23,-,Off,Off,FM,145.725,12.5,GB3CG

However, I would have thought the TX should have been 145.125 when it is
on the 2m band and has 0.6mhz taken off?

TIA ;)

Elwyn
A few things I've found today.

1. Don't need to worry about that final TX field as it's not used, it seems. It copes automagically!

2. CTCSS and Tone mean, and do, different things. Something I hadn't fully understood. CTCSS is required for receiving and Tone is required for transmitting. So in order to open up repeaters, I need to transmit the tone but have CTCSS set to blank.

Thanks to G7III ;)

Cheers

Elwyn

agcme2002
 

CTCSS is used for both sending and receiving.  In the D700 and likely the D710, the radio will ignore the tone field if CTCSS is chosen and use the CT field for the tone in and out. 

Dennis Griffin <eagleeyedennis@...>
 

Although that can be a good way not to hear any repeater traffic, since many repeaters don't retransmit, or even reliably pass, a CTCSS tone.

73 de Dennis KD7CAC
Scottsdale, AZ

On Sep 27, 2014, at 10:09 AM, agcme2002@... [TMD700A] <TMD700A@...> wrote:

 

CTCSS is used for both sending and receiving.  In the D700 and likely the D710, the radio will ignore the tone field if CTCSS is chosen and use the CT field for the tone in and out. 


Posted by: agcme2002@...

Elwyn <yahoo-groups@...>
 

On 27/09/2014 18:09, agcme2002@... [TMD700A] wrote:
CTCSS is used for both sending and receiving. In the D700 and likely
the D710, the radio will ignore the tone field if CTCSS is chosen and
use the CT field for the tone in and out.
I don't know what's up with the radio, but right now I've got limited range for talking to other units. My 5w handheld Wouxun is managing on 144.650mhz better than the D710 :(

Can't access repeaters and can't do much. Suspect I've done something wrong.

Plus, i get a warning from the software every time I write to it that the radio and head are out of date and it is only on v2...

Hmm

Elwyn

Elwyn <yahoo-groups@...>
 

On 27/09/2014 18:13, Dennis Griffin eagleeyedennis@... [TMD700A] wrote:
Although that can be a good way not to hear any repeater traffic, since
many repeaters don't retransmit, or even reliably pass, a CTCSS tone.


73 de Dennis KD7CAC
Scottsdale, AZ
It used to be that if I keyed up on the local repeater I would at the very least hear the beeps and the carrier would open. Nothing like that is happening, it is as if the signal isn't reaching the radio at all.

The antenna and rest of the setup hasn't changed since I last used it, but I will be double checking everything again when I can as the whole setup is now suspect.

Elwyn