Topics

MCP-D700 Programming problems

atv69nj@yahoo.com <atv69nj@...>

Thanks to all who responded with info on USB adapters and related links. I have a follow-up question in regards to radio programming.

I've recently purchased the Belkin F5U103 USB-to-Serial adapter and am still having issues in trying to program the rig. When attempting to program, I get an error message back from the program which states, "Communication Write Error - ErrorMask = 0". Has anyone ever seen this problem? If so, can you explain?? The hardware and software is a Sony Vaio PCG-V505DX running WinXP Pro.

I've tested this newly purchased adapter with the TM-D700 control progam and it works great with no problems. I've also tested it with a few other radio programming software tools (RT Systems) to which they also now work fine. They didn't work with my other Keyspan adapter.

Thanks,

73, de Ken, N2SMT

Richard Hughes <rhughes@...>

Yes, I am getting that error. I am going to download the latest XP driver
for the Belkin and reinstall the adapter. Not sure if the XP SP2 upgrade is
related to the problem.

Dick - W6CCD

[...]

Charles Doughtie

I get the same error for my D700 but the Keyspan adaptor works fine with my D7Ag.