Topics

Loss of GPS

Jeffrey A. Steinberg

My rig and avmap G-4T have worked great for 4 years. Now no more blinking lite (GPS). 700 set for 9600NMEA and G4T at 9600 APRS. I am checking continuity of cable but the devil is its in the Suburban headliner. Both are plugged into proper port fully.

Any other ideas? TIA

--Jeffrey,K2MIT
------------------------------
Jeffrey A. Steinberg
914-374-7503

Suryono Adisoemarta

I would use an oscilloscope to verify whether you have RS-232 signal or not, before tearing apart the headliner.

73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

On Jan 29, 2012, at 10:42 AM, "Jeffrey A. Steinberg" <jeffreys48.groups@...> wrote:

My rig and avmap G-4T have worked great for 4 years. Now no more blinking lite (GPS). 700 set for 9600NMEA and G4T at 9600 APRS. I am checking continuity of cable but the devil is its in the Suburban headliner. Both are plugged into proper port fully.

Any other ideas? TIA

--Jeffrey,K2MIT
------------------------------
Jeffrey A. Steinberg
914-374-7503

Jeffrey A. Steinberg

Thanks Yoni, good idea.

--Jeffrey
------------------------------
Jeffrey A. Steinberg
914-374-7503

On Jan 29, 2012, at 1:14 AM, Yono Adisoemarta <yono_adisoemarta@...> wrote:

I would use an oscilloscope to verify whether you have RS-232 signal or not, before tearing apart the headliner.

73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 29, 2012, at 10:42 AM, "Jeffrey A. Steinberg" <jeffreys48.groups@...> wrote:

My rig and avmap G-4T have worked great for 4 years. Now no more blinking lite (GPS). 700 set for 9600NMEA and G4T at 9600 APRS. I am checking continuity of cable but the devil is its in the Suburban headliner. Both are plugged into proper port fully.

Any other ideas? TIA

--Jeffrey,K2MIT
Jeffrey A. Steinberg
914-374-7503

ja1ogs <vk4go1@...>

I got the same problem for the last 2 years
I not use the external GPS anymore

Cheers Art