Topics

layout of control cable

Udo Visintini

Hi, I'm looking for the layout for the remote control cable between the control head and the radio. I know on the control head there is a 4 pin connector, but on the radio side is a 6 pin connector. I have both type of connectors (crimping type) and the crimping tool. But there is just a 4 wire cable. I'm looking for a wiring diagram if possible. My cable is shorted, blowing the F902 fuse.
Thanks for the help, 73 de KF4KUL

Milan van de Swaluw <milan@...>

Look at pe1ryy.blogspot.com. I've got pictures there.

Milan van de Swaluw
milan-at-vdswaluw.nl
+31 6 290 250 29

Op 4 jan. 2016 om 06:56 heeft uvisintini@... [TMD700A] <TMD700A@...> het volgende geschreven:

Hi, I'm looking for the layout for the remote control cable between the control head and the radio. I know on the control head there is a 4 pin connector, but on the radio side is a 6 pin connector. I have both type of connectors (crimping type) and the crimping tool. But there is just a 4 wire cable. I'm looking for a wiring diagram if possible. My cable is shorted, blowing the F902 fuse.
Thanks for the help, 73 de KF4KUL

WH Reynolds <wh.reynolds@...>

Hello, y'all.

Milan's pictures are very good.  Might I add that the RJ-10 and RJ-11 connectors can be purchased from your local ACE Hardware store.

whr

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

W. H. (Bill) Reynolds
Chief (ret.), Advisor-Communications
Rowlett Fire Rescue
8821 Willowbrook Dr