Kenwood APRS Problem

Darrell Carothers

Hope this is permitted. I live in the Dallas / Fort Worth Area. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok, still having problems. GPS is a Garmin 3+. GPS interface set to NEMA 4800. Radio Kenwood TM-D700. TNC on, BCON on, GPS icon on, channel 144.39 high power. TX interval 3 min, PACKET TX Auto, PACKET PATH Wide1-1,Wide2-2, Status TX Rate 1/3, Waypoint 9 digits NEMA, GPS Unit NEMA, UIDIGI Relay, Digipeater OFF, Packet Speed 9600bps, UNPROTOCOL APK101. Sometimes it will work, most times not. Connections appear to be secure. It used to work fine. What did I screw up? TIA

Thanks
Darrell Carothers N5FTW
Rescuemedic1@tx.rr.com

Sent from my over-rated IPhone 7 Plus. Any Mis-spellings or grammar errors are due to my IPhone auto correct feature.

John

Isn't the baud rate 1200?
John

On 5/16/2020 10:21 PM, Darrell Carothers wrote:
Hope this is permitted. I live in the Dallas / Fort Worth Area. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok, still having problems. GPS is a Garmin 3+. GPS interface set to NEMA 4800. Radio Kenwood TM-D700. TNC on, BCON on, GPS icon on, channel 144.39 high power. TX interval 3 min, PACKET TX Auto, PACKET PATH Wide1-1,Wide2-2, Status TX Rate 1/3, Waypoint 9 digits NEMA, GPS Unit NEMA, UIDIGI Relay, Digipeater OFF, Packet Speed 9600bps, UNPROTOCOL APK101. Sometimes it will work, most times not. Connections appear to be secure. It used to work fine. What did I screw up? TIA

Thanks
Darrell Carothers N5FTW
Rescuemedic1@...

Sent from my over-rated IPhone 7 Plus.  Any Mis-spellings or grammar errors are due to my IPhone auto correct feature.

R. Patrick Ryan

Packet Speed 9600bps should be 1200bps on 144.390 MHz
73 de Pat

R. Patrick Ryan
ARS: KC6VVT, Grid: EN51lf,
email: kc6vvt@...