Topics

Group is almost 19 years old

Tom Schaefer NY4I

I was curious and checked out first message was back in December of 1999. I started this group way back then I think not too long after I got my original D700A (which BTW is still operating at a friend's shack to whom I sold it). The microphone cable disintegrated but other than that, it works as good as it did when I bought it from a store in Salt Lake City. Does anyone recall when the radio came out? I know I picked up mine the day it was available for sale to the dealers.

The reason I was walking down memory lane was that the first group was indeed eGroups.com so that was before Yahoo got involved.

Regards,

Tom NY4I

Suryono Adisoemarta

My D700A that I purchased in 2001 is still working good, use daily during the commute to work. The microphone cable is still in good condition.
There is nothing on this radio that I can complain on (other than no ability for firmware upgrade for Smartbeacon).

73 de Yono - YD0NXX / N5SNN

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 1:15:11 PM GMT+7, thomasmschaefer@... [TMD700A] wrote:

I was curious and checked out first message was back in December of 1999. I started this group way back then I think not too long after I got my original D700A (which BTW is still operating at a friend's shack to whom I sold it). The microphone cable disintegrated but other than that, it works as good as it did when I bought it from a store in Salt Lake City. Does anyone recall when the radio came out? I know I picked up mine the day it was available for sale to the dealers.

The reason I was walking down memory lane was that the first group was indeed eGroups.com so that was before Yahoo got involved.

Regards,

Tom NY4I

Chrissy Murphy

I have no idea what year the D700A first came out, all I know is that I purchased mine approx 12 years ago from The Ham Store and had it shipped to the UK as a Grey import.  In that time, never had a problem or anything to complain about. Still in use today, although not as often as it used to be, everything works and microphone cable still in good condition.

A great purchase for me, my first New mobile radio, and one of the best buys that I've made. I intend to keep it operating until no longer viable.

Regards

73 de Rob. 2E0RHM

On Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 6:55, "thomasmschaefer@... [TMD700A]" wrote:

I was curious and checked out first message was back in December of 1999. I started this group way back then I think not too long after I got my original D700A (which BTW is still operating at a friend's shack to whom I sold it). The microphone cable disintegrated but other than that, it works as good as it did when I bought it from a store in Salt Lake City. Does anyone recall when the radio came out? I know I picked up mine the day it was available for sale to the dealers.

The reason I was walking down memory lane was that the first group was indeed eGroups.com so that was before Yahoo got involved.

Regards,

Tom NY4I

Steven

Hi Tom... long time, no talk....

Wow, almost two decades with this rig! I relegated mine to marathon support when I bought the D710.  I have since lost the ability to set PL on the A side. (Any attempt will cause the rig to reboot.). However, it’s not a big deal since that is when I run packet/apps.  Nevertheless, i am curious if anybody has seen something similar or has a fix.

73,
Steve K7SRB