Topics

GPS question

Anon Anon

Does the TM-D710 have GPS receiver built in, or, does it require a separate GPS receiver connected via cable to the D710?

https://www.kenwood.com/usa/com/amateur/tm-d710ga/

This will answer all your questions

73
Don
WB5EKU

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 12:27 PM Anon Anon <lecontejoe@...> wrote:

Does the TM-D710 have GPS receiver built in, or, does it require a separate GPS receiver connected via cable to the D710?

Bill Simm

Hi,
     The TM-D710 does not have a GPS built into it,   the TM-D710GA does have a GPS built into it.    You can plug an external gps into both models.

              Bill (va1alw)

Mike Rees

Depends on the version of the 710 you have.  The 710 does not have built in GPS.  This You will have to use a hockey puck type.   Byonics.com has them at a reasonable price.  Green Heron Labs used to sell a GPS that attached to the control head.  There also was a ham that sold a GPS to attach to the head.  The last option is to purchase a GPS module and install it in the Control head.  Directions are on the web.

The 710G has  a GPS built into the control head.

Mike
N6YSK

And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worth while, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: "I served in the United States Navy."