Topics

GPS Housing

ka9mot@...

I've converted a Pharos GPS-500 for use with my TM-D700A. The dang thing is ugly and I am sure it will look terrible setting on the dash of my truck.

I think it would be better off in a waterproof enclosure... a black one...magnet mounted to the roof of my fire engine red go box.

If I use a black, non metallic enclosure, will it still see the satellites?

Thanks in advance,

Steve KA9MOT

Charles Blackburn <young_gun262001@...>

I actually use a GPS2 from byonics all it needs is v + the data out wires hooked up. Obviously i'm using a regulator to provide the power from a 9v battery (or the ciggie lighter socket)

charlie