Topics

GPS for TMD700A

Keith Kaiser

I'm looking for a recommendation of a  GPS (no display) that I can use with my Kenwood TMD700A, something similar to but NOT the Radio Shack DigiTraveler GPS of days gone by.
Thoughts?

harvey_hutchison

Check Byonics GPS2; used one & had no problems

Hutch, NK0S

(OA4/NK0S, HL9HP, YS9HH, HP1XHH)

ARRL Incoming QSL Bureau Sorter for:

K4W, N4W & W4W

From: TMD700A@groups.io [mailto:TMD700A@groups.io] On Behalf Of Keith Kaiser
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 12:39 PM
To: TMD700A@groups.io
Subject: [TMD700A] GPS for TMD700A

I'm looking for a recommendation of a  GPS (no display) that I can use with my Kenwood TMD700A, something similar to but NOT the Radio Shack DigiTraveler GPS of days gone by.
Thoughts?

Randy Allen

Wife and daughter have customized GPS-18 GPS units for their D-700s. If you don't want to attach your own connectors (my source no longer sells them that way)  Byonics  sells an adapter for their GPS5 for the Kenwoods.

Hope this helps

Randy KAØAZS

On 7/30/2019 12:38, Keith Kaiser wrote:
Thoughts?

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Herb

I use my old Garmin V and even older Garmin III+ units.  I would suggest looking for an old used Garmin V on eBay or other sites that you can get for a reasonable price.  I see one on there for $35 shipped which I would consider reasonable.

Herb, KB7UVC

NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator

Our WEB Site:  http://blog.nwaprs.info/

From: TMD700A@groups.io [mailto:TMD700A@groups.io] On Behalf Of Keith Kaiser
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 9:39 AM
To: TMD700A@groups.io
Subject: [TMD700A] GPS for TMD700A

Thoughts?

Steve Illig

There is a ham selling a plug and play gps receiver, on Ebay.  He has one for the Tmd700 and one for the tmd710. $64.95 shipped. 
  Ebay user name ham_daptor call sign K6VHF. 
I bought one this past may and I am very happy with it. It is very fast connecting to satellites  
    Steve KB3UWC 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Keith Kaiser

Thanks to everyone who gave me ideas and suggestions. I’ve not decided which way to go yet but a ready to use options seems the best.
73’s -- Keith, WA0̷TJT