Topics

GPS for a TM-D700a

school89 <maserowik@...>

Finally getting around to reinstall my D700a in my car. The GPS I orginally used as a garmin GPS V. That GPS has since een retired. I am looking for a simple GPS that has not display or anything.

Anyone recommend a cheap one?

Thanks
Mike - N3BSQ

Mark Caragher

Order the gps puck with power hook up from byonics.

Thats what I run on my d700

KE4KMD
Mark Caragher
1-843-514-2671

On Mar 26, 2012 10:19 AM, "school89" <maserowik@...> wrote:

**

Finally getting around to reinstall my D700a in my car. The GPS I
orginally used as a garmin GPS V. That GPS has since een retired. I am
looking for a simple GPS that has not display or anything.

Anyone recommend a cheap one?

Thanks
Mike - N3BSQ

Noel Seeley

You can look on the BYONICS.COM website.

The Byonics GPS2 for $69 and the GPAKC adapter cable for cigarette plug or the GPAKP for power pole. Either is $25. Works great in my mobile setup on the motorcycle and costs less than $100. This is what I would use in any situation where you don't need to see other stations on the GPS screen.

Hope you get it up and running
K5NES

noeleo

On 3/26/2012 9:19 AM, school89 wrote:
Finally getting around to reinstall my D700a in my car. The GPS I orginally used as a garmin GPS V. That GPS has since een retired. I am looking for a simple GPS that has not display or anything.

Anyone recommend a cheap one?

Thanks
Mike - N3BSQ

h g

I'm presently corresponding with US Globalsat about their BU-353 or BU-355. Less than $50. Trying to figure out the wiring.

Harold
WE4G

K9ROD

Biggest problem you'll run into is that most of these small compact GPS's that work with computers require 5 volts for power. 12 volts will burn them up. Rod K9ROD