Topics

Going simplex on a repeater output temporarily

Milford Craig

How to I configure my D700 to transmit on the output of our local repeater?.  Our repeater went down and everyone was instructed to go simplex on the repeater output freq.  this is for a temporary basis.

Amir K9CHP

Function key and reverse

--

73 de Amir K9CHP

ARRL, Emergency Coordinator, Onondaga County, NY
Liverpool Amateur Repeater Club www.W2CM.com
Radio Amateurs of Greater Syracuse  www.ragsclub.org
Wilderness SAR www.wsar.org (ret.)
Eagle Valley Search Dogs www.evdogs.org (ret.)

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018, 19:39 Milford Craig via Groups.Io <n3wyg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
How to I configure my D700 to transmit on the output of our local repeater?.  Our repeater went down and everyone was instructed to go simplex on the repeater output freq.  this is for a temporary basis.

h g

One way is to copy the memory to vfo and then change the offset to simplex. Another way is to program an unused memory channel just for that purpose.

Harold
WE4G

On Aug 2, 2018, at 18:39, "Milford Craig via Groups.Io" <yahoo.com@groups.io target=_blank>n3wyg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
How to I configure my D700 to transmit on the output of our local repeater?.  Our repeater went down and everyone was instructed to go simplex on the repeater output freq.  this is for a temporary basis.

Joe Dietrick

Agree with Harold.

Note: Reverse Function is not simplex. It literally reverses the transmit/receive frequencies in split (repeater) mode.  It's use would be contacting those who are unaware the repeater is down, or for direct contact of someone still using the repeater pair.

We have asked all our users to include a simplex memory channel of our repeater output exactly for this reason.

It's just a matter of pushing the "DUP" button, but in all honesty, I prefer to to have a repeater output freq set to simplex right next to my repeater setup! Then it's just a matter of turning the big knob one channel!