Full Reset on D710GA ?

KD7YZ Bob

wits end. I haven't decoded any APRS/Packet via the rig for a week. I can see the trace of a strong known Digi-Peater 20 miles away ... by using a SDR dongle and looking at the waterfall trace via SDR-Console.

Yet the "List" button on the D710 hasn't shown any stations in a week. Sometimes there are twenty or thirty depending on conditions.
APRS12 shows on CH-A. "D" shows to the upper-right of "144.390" on the CH-A portion of the D710GA display.

The same antenna and via the RTL dongle, decoded numerous Packets on 145.825 off sundry passing satellites last night.

I haven't done a settings reset because all I can find in a kenwood manual about "reset" only refers to a VFO Reset.

But I HAVE loaded other, previously working Stored Settings via the Programmer-App as well as via the MCP-6A app ... didn't matter. Still no decoded stuff.
Anyone reading questions here able to steer me correctly to answer?

Bob KD7YZ
TM-D710GA

va7wcn

     Hi Bob, my D710 has the same issues every so often it will not decode any aprs packets, until I do a full reset then it is good to go, but have to reprogram settings in it or up date by computer. Let me know if you figure it out.
Tony VE7EHF

On 5/16/2020 13:55, va7wcn wrote:
   ... until I do a full reset then it is good to go,
That was my question.

I do not know HOW to do a 'Full Reset'. And I didn't see it in the manual(s)

Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901

KD7YZ Bob

On 5/16/2020 20:26, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
On 5/16/2020 13:55, va7wcn wrote:
    ...  until I do a full reset then it is good to go,
That was my question.
I do not know HOW to do a 'Full Reset'. And I didn't see it in the manual(s)
I figured the Full Reset out ...had to toggle Aux-999 enough to get "Full"

Did that and now hoping I get some decodes. Have not imported my previous settings yet in case they were the problem.

Hoping the thing comes up with enough moxie to decode after I make sure APRS is on; data band; baud; mycall and path; time and zone

Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901

KD7YZ Bob

Tony,

I did the Full-Reset. Decoded no packets off ,CH-A, 144.390 overnight.

However, I had CH-B on 145.825 for Sat's and did copy RS0ISS traffic.

CH-B is the External and is read through SignaLink via AGWPE/UISS fwiw.

So where do we go from here if a Full-Reset doesn't work?

Bob KD7YZ
TM-D710GA