Topics

Fldigi and kenwood D710ga

Aaron-KE8LVA

Trying to setup d710ga with fldigi. I am using the pg5h (I think that is the number) cable from kenwood was plugged into the rs232 of my computer and into the back of the radio not the back of the detachable screen, then the data cable plugged into mic and headphone jack on computer. Fldigi is receiving audio from the radio fine all the time. I have fldigi configured to us hamlib which is controlling the PTT fine and is also displaying the correct frequency on the computer screen. I can transmit one message from fldigi with full control. After the first transmission, if you try to make a second transmission, the PTT still keys up the radio but I just get a carrier with no modulation. When fldigi keys the PTT it also keys the hand mic all the time. On this second transmission the hand mic still works as it should, but the radio will not transmit any audio from fldigi. If you power cycle the radio it will work fine again, for one transmission, then needs reset again.  If you unplug the radio where it is plugged into the computer headphone jack, and plug in headphones to the computer, fldigi and the computer are putting out audio, so it is all in the radio basically not accepting the audio from fldigi for some reason on this second transmission. I have found several people with this same problem searching online, but no one that has posted a solution. Anyone have a solution to this problem??  I am mission a setting in fldigi? Will the 710 just not work with fldigi this way? Kenwood was 0 help and just said they do not test there equipment with other software, gave me a few links about fldigi not specific to the 710

Thanks,
Aaron KE8LVA

Don Poaps

 RF getting into the device. Add snap on chokes to the cables.

73

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...
Subject://wl2k

--
Don
VA7DGP/VA7QU

Aaron-KE8LVA

I will give that a try. Makes sense, The first thing I thought was that it seemed like some kind of safety shutting it off.

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 11:34 PM Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:
[...]

I've used sound card on v71 and I've had similar issues before. These sound card were not Signalink

73

Don va7dgp

On Tue., May 19, 2020, 5:06 a.m. Aaron-KE8LVA <ke8lva@...> wrote:
[...]

I haven’t tried the chokes yet but just thinking, it is hooked up exactly the same way as using echolink with the radio and echolink works perfectly. If it was rf wouldn’t that effect both of them since they are hooked up the same way using the same cables?
Still going to try chokes when I get some though

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 9:33 AM Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:
[...]

Chokes made no difference, I really think it is a setting in fldigi, but not sure which

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 11:54 AM Aaron-KE8LVA via groups.io <ke8lva=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

What are you trying to do? Fldigi needs a soundcard. Any sound Card program should work. I've used MMSSTV, Winlink Express, UZ7HO and various programs that work with that program.
73
Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 3:51 PM Aaron-KE8LVA <ke8lva@...> wrote:
[...]

I re read your original message. That plug won't work. You need a Sound card with the 6 pin din plug into the data plug on body.
Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 4:05 PM Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:
[...]

You mean like a signal link? That’s a real bummer if so, it works beautiful one time both ways lol

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 7:08 PM Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:
[...]

Fldigi only works with a sound card, in the head is the TNC. Fldigi doesn't work with a TNC. I know in the settings there's a setting for KISS. I never got it to work.

later

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA