Topics

Flaky Encoder button

Suryono Adisoemarta

My 14 years old TM-D700 is now has a flaky encoder button, sometimes it jumps the opposite direction when I turn (jumps up when I turn the frequency down, or jumps down then I turn the freq up), very annoying when trying to track a satellite downlink frequency.

Is the encoder a repairable part? Can I pry it open to clean up and put it back ?

thanks, Yono - YD0NXX / N5SNN

Randy Allen

I had problems with my D700 encoder last summer. As of last fall the part (PN W02-1978-05) was available as it was replaced by Cliff at AVVID (www.avvid.com) and is working fine now.

Hope this helps