Topics

First Posit Beacon

John Taylor

After turning the radio on the first posit beacon is in Japan no matter where I'm at. Then after the GPS gets a lock the beacon is correct. I bought the radio new abt 5 years ago and has always done this. Any thought's? My mobil is k0qh-9

Thanks

John,K0QH
EM47

John K9IJ <john@...>

At 06:15 PM 1/26/2012, you wrote:
After turning the radio on the first posit beacon is in Japan no matter where I'm at. Then after the GPS gets a lock the beacon is correct. I bought the radio new abt 5 years ago and has always done this. Any thought's? My mobil is k0qh-
Depends on what you're using for a GPS. The old Radio Shack Hockey Pucks do that. When they power up they default to Japan until they get a satellite lock. Nothing much you can do about it other than get another newer gps.

John - K9IJ

-

John Rice K9IJ
john@...
Webmaster, Network Admin, Janitor

noskosteve

Doesn't it also use what is in the menu until it gets GPS input?
--
Steve, K9DCI

At 07:10 PM 1/26/2012, you wrote:

Doesn't it also use what is in the menu until it gets GPS input?
I think the default is in Europe.

John - K9IJ

--

At 06:15 PM 1/26/2012, you wrote:
After turning the radio on the first posit beacon is in Japan no
matter where I'm at. Then after the GPS gets a lock the beacon is
correct. I bought the radio new abt 5 years ago and has always done
this. Any thought's? My mobil is k0qh-
Depends on what you're using for a GPS. The old Radio Shack Hockey
Pucks do that. When they power up they default to Japan until they
get a satellite lock. Nothing much you can do about it other than get
another newer gps.

John - K9IJ

-

John Rice K9IJ
john@...
Webmaster, Network Admin, Janitor

-

John Rice K9IJ
john@...
Webmaster, Network Admin, Janitor

John Taylor

Thanks for the replies, John,K9IJ has the correct answer. Forgot to say I am
using the RS GPS. Never gave that a thought. When I remember to do it I go to a
simplex freq until the GPS gets a lock. Need to shop for a new GPS. Again tnx
for the help..

John Taylor,K0QH

________________________________

At 06:15 PM 1/26/2012, you wrote:
After turning the radio on the first posit beacon is in Japan no
matter where I'm at. Then after the GPS gets a lock the beacon is
correct. I bought the radio new abt 5 years ago and has always done
this. Any thought's? My mobil is k0qh-
Depends on what you're using for a GPS. The old Radio Shack Hockey
Pucks do that. When they power up they default to Japan until they
get a satellite lock. Nothing much you can do about it other than get
another newer gps.

John - K9IJ

-

John Rice K9IJ
john@...
Webmaster, Network Admin, Janitor

-

John Rice K9IJ
john@...
Webmaster, Network Admin, Janitor

Mark Wolff

John, could that location be somehow encoded in the radio and it is transmitting it until it receives a GPS fix?

The "My Position" menu is at "3-4".

Just a thought.

MW / N4MEW

John Taylor

It looks like it's the GPS default pos until it gets a lock

John Taylor,K0QH