Topics

external tnc

Robin Williams <phonetech@...>

Hi All,

Is it possible to set up the radio in APRS mode on one side (say A) And set
up the other side (say B)so that I can use the rear panel jack to conect to
an external TNC .

Tried the manual and various combinations but has me beat.

Cheers,

Robin ZL3REW

K9ROD

Just a couple of ideas ..... Are you trying to use VHF on the external and internal TNC. That doesn't work even though the brochure says you can set the radio up for VHF/VHF. This is partially true, you will receive both, but one will shut down during the trnsmission on the other. So if both TNCs are very active, they will cancel each other out (to the best of my knowledge).

Are your connections for the second TNC accessing only one of the receivers. The connection out the back (Or front as it seems to some) is to access the entire radio, not just one side of it.

Just a couple of thoughts IMHO. Rod K9ROD