Topics

Digest Number 2896

David Sprangers

I used my TM-D700 with the APRSIS32 software for the 3 day MS Challenge Walk in Wisconsin. I ran net control and APRS from theTM-D700 without any problems. I used GPX files to import the 50 mile route into APRSIS32 which was broken down into 3 GPX files for each day of the walk. The only drawback of using APRSIS32 mobile is that I needed to send a couple of hours caching maps for the route area.

Dave
ND9DW

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 4:38 AM, <TMD700A@...> wrote:

4 Messages

Digest #2896
1a
Re: software question by "Ray Amazon" ray2amazon
1c
Re: software question by "Patrick Ryan KC6VVT" kc6vvt
1d
Re: software question by "Randy Allen" ka0azs

Messages

1a

Re: software question

Tue Mar 3, 2015 3:55 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Ray Amazon" ray2amazon

Not sure if this will help but unlike the D710 which I have, the D700 supposedly has the ability (with an interface board) to connect a keyboard to enhance communications. Do not know if the interface is still commercially available or if you have to construct it yourself.

Google D700 keyboard

(although the question is a good one for those of us with the D710)

Ray
K7RFW

Subject: [TMD700A] software question
To: TMD700A@...
Date: Monday, March 2, 2015, 9:24 PM

I own a Kenwood TM-D700A. I have hooked up my radio
to my computer. What kind of software is good to use when it
comes to using APRS. My radio does a great with APRS by it
self, but I want to use my computer for faster tying with
messaging.  So I am looking for a good suggestion for
this type of software.

Posted by: kd8zcm@...

1b

Re: software question

Tue Mar 3, 2015 4:25 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Mark Wolff" n4mew@...

One option would be UIView, http://www.ui-view.net

There's a Yahoo Group dedicated to it's use as well.

Mark / N4MEW
Mark@...

1c

Re: software question

Tue Mar 3, 2015 5:34 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Patrick Ryan KC6VVT" kc6vvt

I am using APRSIS32 free program on a Win7 computer system on a Kenwood
TS-2000 in the shack. This radio has the same internal TNC as the Kenwood
TM-D700 series. This software also serves as an IGate as the program links
the RF to the APRS-IS internet system.

Great program for one-line messaging station to station, one line email and
even multi-line using APRSlink technique to access WinLink 2000 capability
once you have your callsign@...

Google APRSISCE for a free download and the wiki

If you need packet only, no APRS, try RMSexpress from Winlink.org.

73 de Pat KC6VVT

--
R. Patrick Ryan
ARS: KC6VVT Grid: EN51lf

1d

Re: software question

Tue Mar 3, 2015 5:55 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Allen" ka0azs

Another vote for APRSIS32. I use it with a D700 when working net
control at various public service events quite successfully. Event
coordinators are always interested is seeing where everything is. It
also keeps voice traffic on the support nets to a minimum.

It's also what I use for the home station (with a TNC and an IC-2000H)

Not only is it free but it is actively supported by the author and an
active user group and mail list on Yahoo.

Hope this helps

73

Randy

On 3/2/2015 23:24, kd8zcm@... [TMD700A] wrote:
> I own a Kenwood TM-D700A. I have hooked up my radio to my computer. What
> kind of software is good to use when it comes to using APRS. My radio
> does a great with APRS by it self, but I want to use my computer for
> faster tying with messaging. So I am looking for a good suggestion for
> this type of software.

> Posted by: kd8zcm@...

---

  Subscribe:    TMD700A-subscribe@...