Topics

DeLorme Earthmate and GPS receivers

james31@...

Has anyone had any success using the DeLorme Earthmate GPS receiver.
I own one and would like to use it with my D700, but so far have not
been able to get any info on how to connect to the radio or even if
it is possible.

Would also be interested in hearing about what GPS units others are
using with their D700 and ease of interfacing. I don't really want to
haul a laptop around with me.

Jim Murray KC5QWG

Samuel Barker <srbarker@...>

To my knowledge, the Earthmate doesn’t have and option for standard NMEA output, which the D700 requires.  I know the Tripmate will work though….

Samuel, W7YYY

Has anyone had any success using the DeLorme Earthmate GPS receiver.
I own one and would like to use it with my D700, but so far have not
been able to  get any info on how to connect to the radio or even if
it is possible.

Would also be interested in hearing about what GPS units others are
using with their D700 and ease of interfacing. I don't really want to
haul a laptop around with me.

Jim Murray KC5QWG

  Subscribe:    TMD700A-subscribe@...

DO NOT read, copy or disseminate this

addressee. If you have received this communication

(208) 344-7811 and ask to speak to the sender. Also,

Keith Maton <keith@...>

The Pharos unit is very small, cheap, and works well with the D700. I know,
I've got one and it's excellent.

73 de Keith, G6NHU
Message sent with a Palm Vx

james31@... wrote on 7/7/00 21:13: