From: "miles sr." <msilk_98@...>
To: TMD700A@...
Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 3:46:04 PM
Subject: [TMD700A] Dead Head on D700A

Is there a fuse in the control head and where is it. I have two d700 one a bad head both units work with the one good head. Any help would be appreciated.

ve7gtc

As I understand it, he has 2 control heads, one working and one not. If F902 were blown, I would think neither head would work.

noskosteve

The Schematic shows no Fuse in the Panel Unit. There is a reverse polarity protection (series) diode going directly to a 5 volt regulator (with reset). My paper Service Manual is the same as Page 64 in the on-line manual from: http://radioamateur.eu/.
It may also be in the Files Area. If I check now, my email gets blown away.
--
73, Steve, K9DCI

--- In TMD700A@..., "miles sr." <msilk_98@...> wrote:

Is there a fuse in the control head and where is it. I have two d700 one a bad head both units work with the one good head. Any help would be appreciated.

miles silk

thank you i will see if I can get the service manual the one I have has on pc board lay out or schematics just the service tuning procedural.

________________________________
The Schematic shows no Fuse in the Panel Unit. There is a reverse polarity protection (series) diode going directly to a 5 volt regulator (with reset). My paper Service Manual is the same as Page 64 in the on-line manual from: http://radioamateur.eu/.
It may also be in the Files Area. If I check now, my email gets blown away.
--
73, Steve, K9DCI

--- In TMD700A@..., "miles sr." <msilk_98@...> wrote:

Is there a fuse in the control head and where is it. I have two d700 one a bad head both units work with the one good head. Any help would be appreciated.

noskosteve

This has the same rev# as the one I bought and should do it for you:

http://www.radiomanual.eu/schemi/Kenwood_TM-D700_serv.pdf

--
73, Steve, K9DCI
Darn spelling...

--- In TMD700A@..., miles silk <msilk_98@...> wrote:

thank you i will see if I can get the service manual the one I have has on pc board lay out or schematics just the service tuning procedural.

The Schematic shows no Fuse in the Panel Unit. There is a reverse polarity protection (series) diode going directly to a 5 volt regulator (with reset). My paper Service Manual is the same as Page 64 in the on-line manual from: http://radioamateur.eu/.
It may also be in the Files Area. If I check now, my email gets blown away.
--
73, Steve, K9DCI

--- In TMD700A@..., "miles sr." <msilk_98@> wrote:

Is there a fuse in the control head and where is it. I have two d700 one a bad head both units work with the one good head. Any help would be appreciated.

miles silk

Thanks to all now to start tracing the power.