Topics

D710a status 5

jeremy.pratt94 <jeremy.pratt94@...>

I am trying to set up aprs. Downloaded aprs.org/...d710-frg.txt

D710 "USE STATUS 5!" ok But how do I select status 5?
I did not see it in the menus.

In Palm Springs and would like to get APRS up and running
before going over to Quartzsite 1/15. GPS is garmin 350.
Location data being shown on 710.

Jeremy
KE7GSD

WD8ARZ <wd8arz@...>

Interested in what you are discussing, but have no experience with it.

However there are two D710 reflectors at:

Maybe some one there can help out.

Good Luck.

73 from Bill - WD8ARZ

On 1/3/2013 12:29 PM, jeremy.pratt94 wrote:
I am trying to set up aprs. Downloaded aprs.org/...d710-frg.txt

D710 "USE STATUS 5!" ok But how do I select status 5?
I did not see it in the menus.

In Palm Springs and would like to get APRS up and running
before going over to Quartzsite 1/15. GPS is garmin 350.
Location data being shown on 710.

Jeremy
KE7GSD

ray2amazon@...

The Status menu is number 608 and you can set up five different status messages to transmit under varying circumstances, number 5 is a bit special.

I would cut and past some items but Kenwood has banned that, so do a search for "STATUS 5" in the APRS TM-D710A_In-Depth-Manual_APRS_EchoLink.pdf
"STORING STATUS TEXT" in TM-D710_CD-ROM_Ver2.1_English.pdf

They should be on your CD or you can download them from http://www.kenwoodusa.com/communications/amateur_radio/mobiles/tm-d710a

I do not use it so I can not help much more than that.

Ray
K7RFW

&#92;|/ Using the "New" Yahoo email system is like using a fan. Or is the program just a backwards step rebuilt by Microsoft and sent out as an alpha release? &#92;|/

I am trying to set up aprs.  Downloaded aprs.org/...d710-frg.txt

D710 "USE STATUS 5!"    ok But how do I select status 5?
I did not see it in the menus.

In Palm Springs and would like to get APRS up and running
before going over to Quartzsite  1/15. GPS is garmin 350.
Location data being shown on 710.

Jeremy
KE7GSD

noskosteve

Question for those who DO know.
I own a D700, but don't own a 710, I may some day.

It this how it's done?
1 - Press the Tune Knob to SEE the Menus.
2 - Twist the Tune knob to SELECT APRS Menu.
3 - Press the Tune knob to ENTER the APRS Menu.
4 - Twist the Tune knob to SELECT sub-Menu 608.
5 - Press the Tune knob to ENTER sub-Menu 608.
6 - Twist the Tune knob to SELECT which of the 5 ststus messages.
7 - Enter the desired text.
8 - Press the Tune knob to show the "USE" soft key.

Is this it or relatively close? Is step 6 what the OP is missing?

73, Steve, K9DCI

To go to MENU APRS you twist the Tune knob?
, then 608 then enter any additional text then push the Tune Knob to get the "USE" soft key. Is this how it's done

--- In TMD700A@..., "jeremy.pratt94" wrote:

I am trying to set up aprs. Downloaded aprs.org/...d710-frg.txt

D710 "USE STATUS 5!" ok But how do I select status 5?
I did not see it in the menus.

In Palm Springs and would like to get APRS up and running
before going over to Quartzsite 1/15. GPS is garmin 350.
Location data being shown on 710.

Jeremy
KE7GSD

JEREMY R. PRATT <jeremy.pratt94@...>

Thanks to all. Yes I got the "status" question resolved. Although
I bought my 710 new I did not get a full manual nor a CD, just a small
booklet. I downloaded the full manual, printed and had all 76 pages
spiral bound at Office Depot. I have tracking to show up on aprs.fi. Next
will get communications going.

Thank you
Jeremy
KE7GSD-9 for car.