Topics

D710 Missing MNU

John Huggins

All, but especially D710, users,

I'm clearly missing something in the manual for my D710 (used for ATGP and
regular mobile). Somehow I have put my D710 into some mode where I can no
longer access the Menu using the "MNU" button on the lower right as it has
changed to "TNC" on the display.

Looking at various pics of the D710 around the Internet, my display is not
unusual. Still I can't seem to find a way back to the menu system.

I'm a little spooked by this notice on the firmware change page...

http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/tmd710_panel_update_e.html

Revises the following symptom.
1. APRS station list data can on rare occasions be stored to an
invalid EEPROM area and cause unintended APRS menu changes.

I sure would appreciate any advice from more seasoned D710A users out there.

Thanks.

John, kx4o

Noel Seeley

I would think that would be a question better suited for a group of D710 users. I think the D700 is quite different. Sorry, but I can't help because I don't have a D710.

noeleo

On 6/6/2012 9:40 AM, John Huggins wrote:
[...]

Steven Peterson

Even though the group e-mail address indicates it's only for the D700, the
group was retooled a few years back to allow the owners of the D710 to join,
too.

73,

Steven KG6JEV

I would think that would be a question better suited for a group of D710
users. I think the D700 is quite different. Sorry, but I can't help
because I don't have a D710.

noeleo

cessnaflyer42

I have always had a TNC button there on my D710. Perhaps mine came loaded with a newer firmware?

I get to the menu by pressing the "F" button, then pressing the tuning knob.

Hope this helps!

73 de NF8I,

~James

--- In TMD700A@..., "John Huggins" <john@...> wrote:

[...]

Mark Wolff

When my D700 starts acting flaky, a swift basic (VFO on the 700) reset, always seems to point it back to the straight and narrow.  I don't know about the 710 rig though, perhaps a basic reset could help your situation, assuming you have not already tried that.

Glad to know this group addresses both rigs, I may be able to afford a 710 someday, heard it is another great rig....

MW / N4MEW

John Huggins

Indeed it does James, thank you.

73
John, kx4o

--- In TMD700A@... <mailto:TMD700A%40yahoogroups.com>,
"John Huggins" <john@...> wrote:

All, but especially D710, users,

I'm clearly missing something in the manual for my D710 (used for
ATGP and
regular mobile). Somehow I have put my D710 into some mode where I
can no
longer access the Menu using the "MNU" button on the lower right as
it has
changed to "TNC" on the display.

Looking at various pics of the D710 around the Internet, my display
is not
unusual. Still I can't seem to find a way back to the menu system.

I'm a little spooked by this notice on the firmware change page...

Noel Seeley

John and the group,
I apologize for the comment. I didn't realize the group had had D710 added.

noeleo