Topics

D710 loss of RX sensitivity

lciotti@...

Hello,

My D710 recently has lost it's RX sensitivity.  I have swapped the antenna out (on the NMO side, so it used the same cable and connectors), and it did not change.  The SWR is the same as it always has been about 1.15:1.  At our club meeting last night, two vehicles side by side, mine had static on the local repeater while all the others were full quieting.  I have not ruled out the coax yet, but has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Lou
K2LRV

Dan Huber

Yes - the A-band on my D710 is silent for wide FM.  If I tune it to the local weather service and switch to narrow FM, I can receive it.

There is a YouTube video explaining what happens - filters going bad.  Sent email to Kenwood - they will fix under warranty even if the radio is out of warranty.

Dan
KNØMAP