Topics

D710 Inhibit APRS beacon

lciotti@...

Is there a setting to inhibit the APRS beacon when the second receiver is receiving a station.  It is kind of annoying to have a conversation when the beacon goes off and the other receiver blanks out.

Randy Allen

Are you talking D710 (per the subject line) or D700 (this being a D700 group)?

For the D710:
Menu 601, set DCD Sense to "D or RxD Band".

Using the MCP-2A software, look under <Menu>, <APRS/NAVITRA>, <Internal TNC>, <DCD Sense>, "D or RxD Band"

For the D700:
Menu 1-6-2, <TNC>,<DCD Sense>, "A and B Bands"

Using the MCP-D700 software: <Radio Menu 2>, <DCD sense>, "A"and "B" bands

Hope this helps

73

Randy KAØAZS

On 5/15/2015 10:03, lciotti@... [TMD700A] wrote:
Is there a setting to inhibit the APRS beacon when the second receiver
is receiving a station. It is kind of annoying to have a conversation
when the beacon goes off and the other receiver blanks out.

Posted by: lciotti@...

lciotti@...

Thanks for your help...

And last time I checked this group was for BOTH the d700 and D710. At least that is what it shows on the group home page.

Steven Peterson

As the group co-owner, I can confirm the group is for both radios.

73,

Steven KG6JEV

--
Randy Allen, KAØAZS