From: w4gsr <cueball910@...>
To: TMD700A@...
Sent: Saturday, June 9, 2012 4:50 PM
Subject: [TMD700A] D710 GPS NOT WORKING

HAVE A D710A AND A GARMIN 18 PC BUILD A DB9 TO 2.5MM CABLE HAD IT INTERFACED
WITH THE GPS FLASHING AND SHOWING MY POSITION THEN IT STOPED WORKING. I CHECKED
ALL OF MY SOLDER CONNECTION ALL WAS GOOD. MY APRS SETTING ARE GOOD. CHECKED THE
GPS WITH MY COMPUTER WITH A MAPING SOFTWARE AND IT SHOWS MY POSITION. BUT DONT
UNDER STAND WHY THE D710 STOPED RECONGNIZING THE GPS. ANY IDEAS? THANKS W4GSR
P.J.

k0dns

my D700 recently acted the same way. Soft reset didn't fix the problem, but the hard reset button on the front of the radio did. I'd backup the memory (if you don't already have the memory stored elsewhere) and do the hard reset, place the radio in TNC / APRS mode and see if that resolves your problem. My problem was resolved in 15 minutes after the hard reset.

73, Joe
K0DNS, Colorado Springs

--- In TMD700A@..., Chris Hann <chann94501@...> wrote:

Please don't shout. This isn't TELEX and block capitals are a pain to read... so like many people I didn't. Oh, OK, I'll read it. But please, no more all caps.

You sure you are still in the right mode on the d710? Try a serial terminal program and see if the GPS is still sending in NMEA like in the Hyperterminal image at the following link.

http://www.boondog.com/tutorials/gps/gps.html

Chris Hann, N9HY

"Empathize with stupidity and you're halfway to thinking like an idiot"
â€" Iain M. Banks