Topics

D710: APRS and 4RRX1T?

scotchmandr@...

I have my D710 setup for packet and notice that all my raw data starts out like this...

N8AYE>4RRX1T,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR....

or

N8AYE>4RRX1T,ARISS,ROISS,qAR...

I never noticed until a local iGate owner contacted me and wondered what "4RRX1T" was. And all I could answer was that I did not know. My APRS setup works (digipeaters and igates route it properly). But what is this "4RRX1T". How, Can, and Should I get rid of it?!

72/73 Phillip N8AYE

John Rice

If you have your D710 set up for packet, that implies that you're running an APRS program on a computer connected to the radio..

What program are you running? That 4RRX1T is being generated by the program, not the radio itself.

Knowing the program, we might be able to figure out where it's coming from.

73
John - K9IJ

scotchmandr@... [TMD700A] wrote:

I have my D710 setup for packet and notice that all my raw
data starts out like this...

*N8AYE
<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=N8AYE>*>4RRX1T,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR....

or

*N8AYE
<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=N8AYE>*>4RRX1T,ARISS,ROISS,qAR...

--

John Rice K9IJ
johnr@...

Charles Blackburn <young_gun262001@...>

Only thing in tocalls that I see anywhere close to that are this:

APRRTx RPC electronics
APRXxx >40 APRSmax
APRXxx <39 for OH2MQK's RX-igate

Charlie