Topics

D700 Skype Net 2 Interface

Don <donarnoldav@...>

Just wanted the group to know that my freind has developed interface
that he uses with his wireless notebook to have full control over his
D700 remotely..it is really slickuses Skype and Net 2 to control it and
the Audio sounds great..full control PTT ect
Don

kc0tfb

*drools*

Ok, Don. Where's the link to this groovy bit of software?

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 04:33:35PM -0000, Don wrote:
Just wanted the group to know that my freind has developed interface
that he uses with his wireless notebook to have full control over his
D700 remotely..it is really slickuses Skype and Net 2 to control it and
the Audio sounds great..full control PTT ect
Don

Don <donarnoldav@...>

My IT guy Kevin is tweeking it on vacation..will keep you
posted....whats it worth to ya...
--- In TMD700A@..., peter+yahoomail@... wrote:

*drools*

Ok, Don. Where's the link to this groovy bit of software?

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 04:33:35PM -0000, Don wrote:
Just wanted the group to know that my freind has developed interface
that he uses with his wireless notebook to have full control over
his
D700 remotely..it is really slickuses Skype and Net 2 to control it
and
the Audio sounds great..full control PTT ect
Don

Mike Bates <n7dq@...>

Ya know I really like the idea behind this post. But why waste time by telling us that you have a something great and then make everyone ask about it.

It would really have been nice to post something with meat behind it and make better use of the bandwidth.

Please post details about this topic, it sounds good and worthwhile.

Mike

--- In TMD700A@... <mailto:TMD700A%40yahoogroups.com>, peter+yahoomail@... wrote:

*drools*

Ok, Don. Where's the link to this groovy bit of software?

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 04:33:35PM -0000, Don wrote:
Just wanted the group to know that my freind has developed interface
that he uses with his wireless notebook to have full control over
his
D700 remotely..it is really slickuses Skype and Net 2 to control it
and
the Audio sounds great..full control PTT ect
Don

Don <donarnoldav@...>

Ok Mike I will get better details about this software..Kevin is still
developing it. He wanted to be able to work 2 meters from work and check
in while he is in florida. I saw it in action. He gave me a demo..first
you have a wirless notebook like a air card. You have a photo of the
D700 with hotspots on different keys and controls. You push the red
triangle on the Kenwood Logo it goes through its processes and when it
communicates with his fixed station D700 the work Skype lights up to
show you that things are communicating. ( kinda like a one step logon)
You than can control volume splits freqs ect with these hot spots over
the buttons. So far he has about 2000 lines of code to make this
fuction. Space bar acts like a PTT button. I just threw this bone out
here to see it it is worthy to develop. W6gps

peter+yahoomail@ wrote:

*drools*

Ok, Don. Where's the link to this groovy bit of software?

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 04:33:35PM -0000, Don wrote:
Just wanted the group to know that my freind has developed
interface
that he uses with his wireless notebook to have full control
over
his
D700 remotely..it is really slickuses Skype and Net 2 to control
it
and
the Audio sounds great..full control PTT ect
Don

tailfeathers@...

Something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whe9nV9InnQ&mode=related&search=

Gary

Steve Matzura <number6@...>

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:33:35 -0000, you wrote:

Just wanted the group to know that my freind has developed interface
that he uses with his wireless notebook to have full control over his
D700 remotely..it is really slickuses Skype and Net 2 to control it and
the Audio sounds great..full control PTT ect
Don
Wow, if that's not like holding out a box of candy with a bullet-proof
cover to a candy fanatic, I don't know what is! Will your friend be
publishing plans for this thing, or will he custom-build them and sell
them, ... or what?

Steve Matzura <number6@...>

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:22:39 -0000, you wrote:

Ok Mike I will get better details about this software..Kevin is still
developing it. He wanted to be able to work 2 meters from work and check
in while he is in florida. I saw it in action. He gave me a demo..first
you have a wirless notebook like a air card. You have a photo of the
D700 with hotspots on different keys and controls. You push the red
triangle on the Kenwood Logo it goes through its processes and when it
communicates with his fixed station D700 the work Skype lights up to
show you that things are communicating. ( kinda like a one step logon)
You than can control volume splits freqs ect with these hot spots over
the buttons. So far he has about 2000 lines of code to make this
fuction. Space bar acts like a PTT button. I just threw this bone out
here to see it it is worthy to develop. W6gps
Sounds a lot like an Echolink hack. Not a bad job of it for 2k lines
of code. There's a lot to consider and do in there.

Don <donarnoldav@...>

you know he does it for the challange...he did it for the TS 480 and we
were demoing it at Dayton Last Year ...we should have it in the Kenwood
booth at Dayton this year...I am taking it on the road next week when I
goto ICWE wireless Convention in Las Vegas. Sorry for the bullet proof
box...but we dont know whats out there...Like i said he does stuff like
this as a challenge...oh yes on the 480 version he can have freqs lock
out if you not a Advanced Extra ...by using permisssions and profile
settings..to keep novices of extra bands..ect
--- In TMD700A@..., Steve Matzura <number6@...> wrote:

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:33:35 -0000, you wrote:

Just wanted the group to know that my freind has developed interface
that he uses with his wireless notebook to have full control over his
D700 remotely..it is really slickuses Skype and Net 2 to control it
and
the Audio sounds great..full control PTT ect
Don
Wow, if that's not like holding out a box of candy with a bullet-proof
cover to a candy fanatic, I don't know what is! Will your friend be
publishing plans for this thing, or will he custom-build them and sell
them, ... or what?

Don <donarnoldav@...>

Ok posted a few SHOTS OF KEVINS INTERFACE IN THE PHOTO SECTION
--- In TMD700A@..., Steve Matzura <number6@...> wrote:

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:33:35 -0000, you wrote:

Just wanted the group to know that my freind has developed interface
that he uses with his wireless notebook to have full control over his
D700 remotely..it is really slickuses Skype and Net 2 to control it
and
the Audio sounds great..full control PTT ect
Don
Wow, if that's not like holding out a box of candy with a bullet-proof
cover to a candy fanatic, I don't know what is! Will your friend be
publishing plans for this thing, or will he custom-build them and sell
them, ... or what?

w7bo <jj@...>

I am interested in the program....Anyway I can get it ?

John W7BO

--- In TMD700A@..., "Don" <donarnoldav@...> wrote:

Just wanted the group to know that my freind has developed interface
that he uses with his wireless notebook to have full control over his
D700 remotely..it is really slickuses Skype and Net 2 to control it and
the Audio sounds great..full control PTT ect
Don

Shawn

Me too

On Jul 10, 2013, at 7:37 AM, "w7bo" <jj@...> wrote:

I am interested in the program....Anyway I can get it ?

John W7BO

--- In TMD700A@..., "Don" <donarnoldav@...> wrote:

Just wanted the group to know that my freind has developed interface
that he uses with his wireless notebook to have full control over his
D700 remotely..it is really slickuses Skype and Net 2 to control it and
the Audio sounds great..full control PTT ect
Don

Noel Seeley

I'll chime in and ask for it, too!!!

K5NES