From: r gilson
To: TMD700A@...
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:30 AM
Subject: [TMD700A] D700 & D710

Any way to extend the time out timer for a D700 or D710 when in the cross band repeat mode. I monitor repeaters that have long tails and some hams do not wait for the tail to drop causing a time out of my cross band repeater. I am running low power on both sides. Tnx.WA2WWK Ron

Tim Hardy AF1G <hardyt@...>

I wouldn't want my D700 keyed down for more than ten minutes even on low
power. Remember, the radio is designed for intermittent communications
service and the ratio of transmit to receive is usually not more than 10
percent transmit, 90 percent receive. Full duty cycle will cause temps to
rise and if you have anything less than perfect SWR on your antenna system,
the temps will rise faster.

Tim, AF1G