D700 APRS mode Left Display shows busy

George Miller W3GWM

I’m trying to set up my D700 for a Digipeter. I’ve followed the steps and the “A” channel is “busy”. Adjusting squelch doesn’t fix it. Any suggestions? I saw this problem discussed before but no one seems to have been helpful.

Lee Besing

George, send me a direct email and I'll send you the pdf guide on how to set it up in digipeater mode.  I use my D700A like that oit in Big Bend Ranch State Park when we help put on the Big Bend 50 Ultra Marathon (cross country trail run out in the desert).

Lee Besing, N5NTG
lee@...
210-771-7075
San Antonio TX

-----Original Message-----
To: TMD700A@groups.io
Sent: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 12:49 AM
Subject: [TMD700A] D700 APRS mode Left Display shows busy

I’m trying to set up my D700 for a Digipeter. I’ve followed the steps and the “A” channel is “busy”. Adjusting squelch doesn’t fix it. Any suggestions? I saw this problem discussed before but no one seems to have been helpful.

Lee Besing

George, I think this 2 page PDF file has just the instructions for setting up crossband mode & for turning it on & off.  I keep a copy in the suitcase where I store my D700 when not in use, along with the cables I use for Packet operation.

It's only about 23k in size, so it ought not blow up this group's email. LOL

Perhaps if the admins like it, somebody might add it to the files upload section for future reference.

I also have a full collection of all of the manuals in electronic form as well.

Hope it helps.

Lee Besing, N5NTG
210-771-7075
San Antonio TX

Sent: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 12:49 AM
Subject: [TMD700A] D700 APRS mode Left Display shows busy

Bob KE6GYD

Lee, 
I'm interested in using my D700 as a fill in digipeater.  Are you saying that you thought you had a document on a "How to?"  The pdf you attached is nicely done on how to set up X-Band and what looks like setting up the 700 to transmit APRS position, not as a digipeater.

Regards
Bob
KE6GYD

Camp

I hope you get (US) a answer! I've had the same issue for a year.
Gerald
KJ4SVL

Lee Besing

I'll have to go back and re read it. I created it as an easy reminder on how to turn it on or off.

I have often used my d700 as a fill-in digipeater. It works quite well for that. I've been using my d710 for aprs, but I used to use my d700 with a TinyTrak3+ or TT4 for APRS.

Lee Besing
210-771-7075
San Antonio TX

Sent: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: [TMD700A] D700 APRS mode Left Display shows busy

Lee, 
I'm interested in using my D700 as a fill in digipeater.  Are you saying that you thought you had a document on a "How to?"  The pdf you attached is nicely done on how to set up X-Band and what looks like setting up the 700 to transmit APRS position, not as a digipeater.

Regards
Bob
KE6GYD