Topics

Copy PM to PM

JeffH

Hello,

I am a relatively new TM-D710GA owner. I haven't been using the 5 PM slots, but with some of the APRS work I'm looking to do, I think I've hit the point where I need to start using them.

Is there a way to copy the settings from the default PM to the other PM slots so I only have to change the one or two settings I'm interested in? Or do I have to manually configure each setting to match up?

I have both the standard MCP-6A software and the RT Systems software if that changes the answer. :-)

Thanks!

-JeffH

Jeff Hochberg
W4JEW
Atlanta, GA
jeff@...

walt

Jeff:

Just make the changes and save it in another PM slot.

walt, w7prb

@w4jew <mailto:@w4jew>
--
----- Walt Jamison, W7PRB w7prb@...

Randy Allen

Jeff,

You simply use your current settings (say PM1 for example), make whatever changes you want, and then save it to whatever PM you wish (say PM5)

I have several presets;  1: normal APRS/Voice ops, 2: Voice only ops, 3: external PC APRS ops, 4: As needed for temporary operations (such as a Public Service event) APRS/Voice, and 5: Parked (APRS beacon every 20 minutes, voice (band B) off, backlight Off, beeps Off).

When setting up for a Public Service Event I save my PM1 to PM4, then make changes (voice frequency, APRS comment/status text etc) and then save again to PM4.

Hope this helps.

73

Randy KAØAZS