Topics

Channel Display Issue

ve7gtc

Greetings,

My rather temperamental TM-D700 has a channel display issue. Sometimes, when I power up, it starts in channel display mode rather than vfo mode. The channel display in the menu is off, but that makes no difference. The only cure I have found so far is to turn the radio on and off until it decides to return to vfo mode. Suggestions appreciated.

gus ve7gtc

Mark Wolff

Gus, I realize this isn't much of an answer, but have you tried resetting the radio recently?  Mine acted quite strangely at times, refused to accept programing or setting changes made thru the menu, etc., till I did the reset procedure and reprogrammed all my local repeater frequencies.  It's been smooth sailing here since then. I'm quite happy with mine now.

Best of luck with it,  MW / N4MEW

ve7gtc

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have tried resetting the radio after the channel display has come up, but that does not solve the problem. It seems to have a mind of it's own.

Gus ve7gtc kh6av

Tim Hardy AF1G <hardyt@...>

I had an unusual problem with my D700 some time ago. It started transmitting slightly off frequency, even though the programming was correct and I had been using it for years. I did the full reset but no joy. It still transmitted off freq. I took it out of service, removed power from it completely, and set it aside. Some months later I had the time to troubleshoot it again and powered it up. Viola! It worked properly.

So, now that you've done the reset, I'm suggesting you remove power from it for a few days or weeks and see if it doesn't fix itself.

73 de Tim, AF1G

---- ve7gtc <fertree@...> wrote:

=============

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have tried resetting the radio after the channel display has come up, but that does not solve the problem. It seems to have a mind of it's own.

Gus ve7gtc kh6av