From: <carlosn1fnr@home.com>
To: <TMD700A@egroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 10:52 AM
Subject: [TMD700A] Basic differences TMD-700 and TM742A

Hello,
thinking about buying the D700, not interested in the TNC part of it,
how does it compare with the 742 otherwise? Any other features that I
should be considering about the D700? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, 73.
Charlie N1FNR.........

Community email addresses:
Post message: TMD700A@onelist.com
Subscribe: TMD700A-subscribe@onelist.com

Charles Cabral <carlosn1fnr@...>

Eric,
that is exactly why I asked, and the price is not that far off either,
wqell, a bit yes! I went to the website that you sent me, that guy did a
nice job. He compares it to a TM-V7A, which I also have been
considering, but I need to know if either of these radios is comparable
to the TM-742A in band operation. The 742 is a very good radio (I had
one or two before), it can listen and go back to stations, where others
fail, plus we can install another band module (I want 220), but I can
allways buy another used radio for that. Have you had any experience
with either of these radios to make a comparison?
Thanks for your help,
Charlie N1FNR.........

Eric Langhendries wrote:

Hi Charlie,

If you don't care about APRS and the TNC.....no need to buy the TM-D700A.
But why miss the extras just in case one day you want to use APRS without
the hassle of a computer/laptop in the car.

The TM-D700A is a superb radio.

Regards es 73's
Eric ON7LE/KA3WII

thinking about buying the D700, not interested in the TNC part of it,
how does it compare with the 742 otherwise? Any other features that I
should be considering about the D700? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, 73.
Charlie N1FNR.........

Community email addresses:
Post message: TMD700A@onelist.com
Subscribe: TMD700A-subscribe@onelist.com

Post message: TMD700A@onelist.com
Subscribe: TMD700A-subscribe@onelist.com

Eric Langhendries <on7le@...>

Hi Charles,

I had 2 TM-V7 (I kept one) and was very happy with it. Never had a problem
with them.

No experience with the TM-742, but I am bit reluctant to buy a radio with
too many bands. First of all, if there is a problem you are OFF the air on
ALL bands.
There was another listmember that asked about the new Kenwood...it was
already on display in Dayton this year and like I imagine it will available
at the next Dayton hamfest.

I have a friend who has a TM-742 and he is now looking for a TM-D700 but of
course he likes APRS ....so easy to decide.

The web site I gave you is the best site for infos on the TM-D700 ....it's
offered by one of the engineers that designed the rig !!!

I have two TM-D700 and they work both very well. One is used in the mobile
and the other one is used at home. To have a complete APRS coverage I use a
TH-D7A(G) for portable APRS tracking.

More questions ....just ask Charles.

73's
Eric ON7LE/KA3WII

thinking about buying the D700, not interested in the TNC part of it,
how does it compare with the 742 otherwise? Any other features that I
should be considering about the D700? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, 73.
Charlie N1FNR.........

Community email addresses:
Post message: TMD700A@onelist.com
Subscribe: TMD700A-subscribe@onelist.com

Post message: TMD700A@onelist.com
Subscribe: TMD700A-subscribe@onelist.com

Post message: TMD700A@onelist.com
Subscribe: TMD700A-subscribe@onelist.com

Tim Shephard <timshephard@...>

Other good thing that I like about the D700 is that you can program it from
a pc. And you get the software to do it free from Kenwood.net.

-Tim
tim.shephard@bigfoot.com
tims.phone@bigfoot.com
http://www.bigfoot.com/~tim.shephard/tim/ha