Topics

AvMap G6 with Kenwood TM-D710G

Mike

I assume the AvMap G6 requires an external GPS receiver.  Is that correct?

I have several other GPS options.  I have a Data logger that has Bluetooth output and a Garmin USB puck.  Will both of those work with this G6?

I'm actually considering a Kenwood TM-D710GA.  Will that built in GPS work with this unit, without another GPS receiver?

Finally, is there any functionality in the G6, if it's not connected to a radio?

Mike

From what I have seen, it does have GPS navigation capability, without external GPS.  How good is the AvMap as a GPS?

Bob Myers

jeeze, for $429 it better be a fantastic gps!!! AN old Nuvi 350 and $40 cable will do what you want done.

Bob Myers
N4RWM